nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Sonic Defender
     Sounds intriguing. Have you heard the V-Moda M-80? Thanks for the review.
    Sonic Defender, Sep 10, 2013
  2. Lan647
    Sorry, no V-moda! They don't sell them anywhere around here :/
    Lan647, Sep 11, 2013
  3. will220
    I just got my kef m500 yesterday and right out of box the highs were very harsh for me... I had similar experience with ultrasone pro 750 which I sold but it seems like I am the only one who think of it this way... Maybe it requires burn in for it to smooth out? or maybe I am just too sensitive with the edgy highs? My other headphones were ATH ES10, DT880 pro, T50rp, ATH ESW9, M50, and dt 770 pro. out of all I thought ath es10 was the best but I guess I should wait and see how m500 compare after its burned in.
    will220, Sep 14, 2013
  4. Lan647
    I've found the M500 to smooth out slightly with burn-in, but even out of the box they certainly aren't harsh the way Ultrasones are. If you find them very harsh, maybe your source components or source material is to blame?? The certainly have smoother treble to my ears than the M50, much smoother...
    Lan647, Sep 15, 2013
  5. bpbutler95
    Fantastic review, but what did you play the music from for your impressions of the M500? Smartphone, laptop, etc?
    bpbutler95, Sep 23, 2013
  6. Lan647
    I mostly use the M500 with the Meridian Explorer DAC connected to either a macbook or an iMac.
  7. bpbutler95
     Okay. Have you tried it without the DAC? I'm curious as to if it still sounds good without an external DAC.
    bpbutler95, Sep 24, 2013
  8. Lan647
     It sounds the exact same out of my mom's iPhone 5 to my ears. It also sounds very good (if not [i]quite[/i] as good) out of my HTC One. That's another plus with this headphone, even though it's sound is bordering on high-end, it's not hard at all to achieve that great sound.
  9. bpbutler95
    Wonderful! It sounds like I've made my choice then, should be getting a pair within the month. Thank you for the help!
    bpbutler95, Sep 24, 2013
  10. Lan647
    No problem! Excited to see what you think of them, though I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.
  11. subseasniper
    Brilliant review that I think is absolutely spot-on in every respect. I have a pair of M500s and Sennheiser Momentums and your comparision is totally accurate.   I have my M500s paired with a DX50 and they pair really well. Excellent review and, more importantly, not full of fanboy rhetoric, well done.
    subseasniper, Nov 6, 2013
  12. xEcuToR
    Yet to hear these, wonder how it compares to Beyer DT1350s, especially since 1350s are the best isolated closed portables out there,
    xEcuToR, Nov 19, 2013
  13. pataburd
    What you describe is very similar to what I am experiencing with the ML Mikros 90.  Have you compared the M500 and the Mikros 90?
    pataburd, Dec 10, 2013
  14. Lan647
    No, sorry.
    Lan647, Dec 18, 2013
  15. tan1415
    Can you remove the earpads?
    tan1415, May 7, 2014
  16. JML
    Excellent review.  I use mine with a Meridian Explorer, too.  I did find a case for the M500 that I like far more than the original.  See [url=http://www.head-fi.org/t/675160/kef-m500-m200-impressions-thread/900#post_10822961]post #912[/url] in the impressions thread for pictures.
    JML, Aug 24, 2014