nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. GL1TCH3D
    Try wrapping the headband with kleenex. I found it really helped with the bumps.
    GL1TCH3D, Jul 24, 2013
  2. Brooko
    Thanks Gl1tch3d. Other method is getting a thick piece of soft foam, cutting ridges to match the bumps, then fit accordingly. Easiest method (I used it for my K701) was to remove the entire bottom layer (peel it and the bumps off), and replace it with another suitable piece of leather (with padding inner if you want it). I did this with my K701. Looked quite tidy for a DIY - just used a hot glue-gun. Didn't do it with the Q's - mainly because I knew I was selling them.
    Brooko, Jul 24, 2013
  3. mapleshilc
    question why do you have 2 amps? PC > NFB-12 > LD MKIV why not just nfb-12 to drive the q701? the more stuff in between then there will be more distortion in between, no?~
    mapleshilc, Aug 25, 2013
  4. Brooko
    Most of the time when I had them - I simply used the NFB-12. But when I wanted to use tubes instead, I'd use the line-level out of the NFB-12 (DAC-out) and the Little Dot. Best of both worlds IMO. As far as distortion goes - if it's harmonic, and adds to my enjoyment, then I have no issues with it :) YMMV
    Brooko, Aug 25, 2013
  5. thekrautdog
    Excellent review that covered all the info I wanted to know about for the headphone that I am currently most considering and saving up for...very much appreciated :)
    thekrautdog, Jun 7, 2014
  6. Jesse B
    Spot on man. I agree with absolutely everything you say. The headband is both amazing, and freaking horrible at the same time, I'm gonna do what the other guy suggested and wrap some kleenex around it xD   -Had these for a year at this point, wonderful set of cans :)
    Jesse B, Jan 13, 2016
  7. novice
    Hello. I have a similar situation (I have one - and the bumps are killing me as well, and a DT880/600). I feel difference between those two is not significant enough to warrant owning both. I am thinking to sell this thing and get K701 instead (which you own/ed). Do you think difference in sound signature (between Q and K) is worth the hassle? Also, I am [i]this[/i] close to put the Q under operation table, god I cant stand the bumps. But then I thought if i sell it and get the K i wont have to hack this thing (newer K701 China-made are bumps free). PS: I listen to classical and opera a lot.
    novice, Oct 13, 2016
  8. Brooko
    Hi - sound sigs are very similar, differences are minor. Q series has a little more bass from memory.  My Mum (she's now 72) still has my K701, she only listens to classical, and she liked them better than both my T1 and HD600.  She played both piano and violin when she was younger - and still has a good ear for what sounds "right" with classical.  Just make sure you ahve a decent high-current amp, and the AKGs really sing.
    Brooko, Oct 14, 2016