nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. MrViolin
    Thanks for the review AnakChan!
    MrViolin, Feb 18, 2013
  2. Sweden
    Nice to see some comparison. The music choices was pretty dull but that really don't matter. At least there wasen't some Diana Krall in that list ;)
    Sweden, Feb 18, 2013
  3. VisceriousZERO
    Great review! Really looking forward to the TH600s :)
    VisceriousZERO, Feb 18, 2013
  4. AJHeadfi
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Thanks for your presentation, especially disclosing music. Maybe a competitor to Beyer's T1? I like the pictures of the elusive HP-V1 too!
    AJHeadfi, Feb 18, 2013
  5. Niyologist
    Thanks for the review! Making my headphone flagship portable rig setup much easier to choose.
    Niyologist, Feb 18, 2013
  6. Dubstep Girl
    nice review!
    Dubstep Girl, Feb 19, 2013
  7. Cotnijoe
    what's the price for these?
    Cotnijoe, Feb 19, 2013
  8. Bootsy1
    Nice review Anakchan. MSRP¥84000 for these. Fostex finally shored up a glaring weakness in their lineup, the mid-upper category. The jump from T50 to TH900 was an Evil Knievel type jump soundwise and pricewise,so these cans are right on time. The TH600 definitely captures the essence of the "Fostex Hi-End Sound". Had a chance to listen to Bjork-Hyperballad( great bass extension ), Massive Attack- Angel ( delivered on that nice earth-shaking low-end rumble during the intro ) Submerse-Tears ( highs were clear without the brightness ). For what they are(not the TH900s), I really enjoyed them. If you're considering the Edition 8s, T1-T5s, ATH woodies(except 3000anv),D7000s, these are definitely worth a look.
    Bootsy1, Feb 19, 2013
  9. DefQon
    84000 yen to AUD = $874.00 No thanks.
    DefQon, Feb 19, 2013
  10. Marburger
    thanks for the impressions. Are the earpads real leather?
    Marburger, Feb 19, 2013
  11. PXSS
    My guess is tat they do not use real leather as TH900 earpads are made of "protein leather", whatever that means...
    PXSS, Feb 19, 2013
  12. FraGGleR
    Protein leather is made of eggshell extract. So not completely artificial, but definitely not the skin of an animal.
    FraGGleR, Feb 19, 2013
  13. takato14
    @above And much softer, and breathes easier, and lighter, and doesn't decay, and doesn't kill animals. Protien leather is much better than real or synthetic leather. I wish it was used more often. On-topic: Really excited about the TH-600, just wish it was a little more in my price range...
    takato14, Feb 19, 2013
  14. L0SLobos
    is there any freq response graph for these?
    L0SLobos, Feb 19, 2013
  15. Lorspeaker
    Get well soon Anak.....hmmm...my d7000 is in the balance, if a TH-750 surfaced with wooden cups..:P
    Lorspeaker, Feb 20, 2013
  16. customNuts
    Great review anakchan. Have you ever heard the D7000? Keen to know how they compare.
    customNuts, Feb 20, 2013
  17. CDWMcInSpots
    Did you or Bootsy1 use any other headphone amplifiers than the pictured Fostex HP-P1? I wouldn't be surprised if a [i]well suited[/i] desktop headphone amplifier does a better job. I know by own experience that my Denon AH-D7000 does very well with my Grace Design m903. Others have reported the same with Denon AH-D7000/5000 + Grace Design m903/m902 (see appropriate threads). I wouldn't be surprised if Grace Design m903/2 do well with Fostex TH-x00 as well.
    CDWMcInSpots, Feb 20, 2013
  18. belisk
    Your SigPros sounded grainy? just goes to show Ultrasone QA at its best :/ That said; my pair is perfect, no hint of any grain, i used to think they were too sibilant till i found out it was just bad recordings, some reports of them being too forgiving. I auditioned a TH900 a while ago and I found the soundstage to be medium, on par with the SigPro
    belisk, Feb 21, 2013
  19. alota
    thanks for the review
    alota, Feb 21, 2013
  20. snapple10
    Great review! Thanks for sharing
    snapple10, Feb 21, 2013
  21. bwh314
    nice review.. really wanna try those
    bwh314, Feb 24, 2013
  22. M25K2
    good
    M25K2, Feb 24, 2013
  23. ssrock64
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    They look like they're built like tanks, but I got just a little sticker shock. Sure, it's nothing as big in price as the TH900, but I still feel as if there's a glaring hole in the Fostex lineup between the TRP line and the TH line.
    ssrock64, Feb 25, 2013
  24. lpkvh08
    thanks for the review!
    lpkvh08, Mar 3, 2013
  25. n9eryeah
    Thanksfortheread
    n9eryeah, Mar 4, 2013
  26. Scottsmrnyc
    WOW- WHAT A GREAT REVIEW. CONGRATS.
    Scottsmrnyc, Mar 9, 2013
  27. pietcux
    What is grainy sound? grainy can only be seen, not been heard imo.
    pietcux, Mar 11, 2013
  28. takato14
    @above grainy means rough and unrefined. Grainy midsections are common in most lower end headphones. The T50RP and ATH-M50 are major offenders, the T50RP moreso.
    takato14, Mar 12, 2013
  29. DogMeat
    Nice Review! I am curious about that little tube amp, that WCA7..... can you give a little info on it as well? And what portable are you using with these? :)
    DogMeat, Mar 18, 2013
  30. DogMeat
    oops, sorry, TYPO, I meant WA7!
    DogMeat, Mar 18, 2013
  31. AHLAM
    [i][url=http:]http://0662106547[/url][/i]
    AHLAM, Mar 25, 2013
  32. Paquarius
    dddfdf
    Paquarius, Apr 6, 2013
  33. Paquarius
    Anyone tried The T5p and Th-600 ? How do they fare against each other? Thanks in advance.
    Paquarius, Apr 6, 2013
  34. plusone
    I just wanna know the price
    plusone, May 10, 2013
  35. takato14
    ^^ Projected price is $1300 USD.
    takato14, May 10, 2013
  36. hrhken
    I have the Fostex TH600, Recently bought them at Sonicsense which  has the best pricing I could find.  Your review is SPOT ON !  I absolutely love these headphones.  I have a pair of Magnaplanar speakers, and find that at times when I listen to the same piece, I get that audiophile experience as well from these headphones.
    hrhken, Feb 8, 2014
  37. musicman7
    Just wondering why you put fragile is the con list, i didn't see anything about it mentioned in the review.
    musicman7, Apr 25, 2014
  38. Byrnie
    Another wonderful review, AnakChan! Thank you for your time.
    Byrnie, Jun 7, 2014