nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Sanotter
    Great review as always! got them in the post a day or two ago and loving them!
    Sanotter, Mar 8, 2012
  2. Coq de Combat
    Are we going to see the rebirth of M-Audio Q40 here on head-fi? They used to be a very popular alternative to the M50 for people who wanted bassy headphones for a while, but it seems like it died out. Now I'm seeing people recommending them again.. Any, good review. Thanks. Might check these out and see if I like them better than the M50. I hold the M50 pretty high - in the D2000:ish kind of league. Don't ask why though, they just hit a very soft spot for me.
    Coq de Combat, Mar 9, 2012
  3. mutabor
    Interesting review. And you wear glasses like me. Are they comfortable with glasses on.
    mutabor, Mar 9, 2012
  4. arizcats
    Great great review! Was about to buy AT ATH-M50's then came across your review and now I have more decisions to make. How would you compare the M50's to these? Within this same $150 - $200 range what others would you throw into the mix. Your preference on sound falls in line with mine so thus my question.
    arizcats, Mar 23, 2012
  5. JBS0
    Hey MalVeauX, how would you compare the m audio q40's to the vmoda crossfade lp2? Which one did you prefer?
    JBS0, Apr 11, 2012
  6. Redrider469
    What monitor is that? The one you used to stretch out the headphones.
    Redrider469, Apr 11, 2012
  7. MalVeauX
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    @Redrider469: Polk Monitor 40's.
    MalVeauX, Apr 11, 2012
  8. MalVeauX
    @Redrider469: Polk Monitor 30's with a BIC F12 woofer for a 2.1 monitor setup with punch.
    MalVeauX, Apr 11, 2012
  9. morocco711
    awesome review im gonna order a pair this summer (or whenever i get the money :p ) im gonna get them off of bhphotovideo are they a good reseller? (i dont want a fake)
    morocco711, Apr 14, 2012
  10. Migi06
    Thanks for the review, didn't like DT770's way too bright treble.. This seems to be worthy upgrade for my XB500
    Migi06, Apr 26, 2012
  11. Prakhar
    Prakhar, Jun 14, 2012
  12. DemonFox
    [user=281759]Prakhar[/user] [url=http://www.head-fi.org/products/m-audio-studiophile-q40-closed-back-dynamic-headphones/reviews/6430#comment-67710]6/14/12 at 8:32pm[/url][url=http://www.head-fi.org/products/m-audio-studiophile-q40-closed-back-dynamic-headphones/reviews/6430#]Flag[/url]Does anybody know where I can pick up the velour pads in black... I can only seem to find them in silver. Excellent review man and thank you for the recommendation and these are looking like they will be joining my collection in a week or so... And here you go if you are looking for the [url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325&tag=headfiorg-20&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FBeyerdynamic-EDT-Replacement-Cushions-Pair%2Fdp%2FB007VCKA64%2Fref%3Dsr_1_21%3Fs%3Delectronics%26ie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1340258196%26sr%3D1-21%26keywords%3DBeyerdynamic%2B-%2BDT%2B770]black velour pads[/url][img]http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=headfiorg-20&l=ur2&o=1[/img]... Cheers
    DemonFox, Jun 21, 2012
  13. wje
    Excellent review. I can appreciate your comparisons vs. the other listed headphones in the review. Additionally, the steps taken to further improve the comfort via the Beyerdynamic was wonderful, too.
    wje, Dec 26, 2012
  14. josheil
    How did you change the headphones pads? I'm afraid of breaking them..
    josheil, Jan 22, 2013
  15. noxa
    I just ordered these after reading your review, I always respect you opinions as we have a very similar sound preference, and for £60 delivered I can't really go wrong.
    noxa, Jan 28, 2013
  16. bareyb
    Well I'm in. This is the second pair of headphones I've purchased because of you Malveaux (love the 500s). I've been missing my Pro 900s and was looking for something just as fun but with smoother highs. This sounds like it will be perfect. My set will be here in a couple of days... Can't wait to try them. Thanks for a great review. You answered all my questions.
    bareyb, Mar 10, 2013
  17. ri_toast
    bareyb posted a link in the he-400 thread. after reading this review i got em. interesting, the he-400 velours fit also. seems to be the same thickness as the 770 pads. very nice presentation. thanks MalVeauX
    ri_toast, Mar 13, 2013
  18. Playstation
    Great review that confirms what my ears have been hearing.
    Playstation, Dec 10, 2013
  19. fbny71
    You're review convinced me to pull the trigger on these back in Feb 2014...I got them for $89. I never upgraded the pads and didn't mind the stock cable, though I did mod it- coiled it because of the excessive length. I have to say I still like the sound and still use them at home. The original pads are flaking now so I just bought some replacement pads: Dekoni Audio Elite Sheepskin Leather Ear Pads for Beyerdynamic DT Series Headhones.
    fbny71, Jul 9, 2018