nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Tefloon
    Agreed on the cables/plastic -- was expecting something a little bit better. However, I don't think they look at all ugly. But then again, I also like how the ER4 looks...
    Tefloon, Jul 11, 2011
  2. JamesMcProgger
    well thats the way all grado's look, TBH this is one of those cases in which sounds stands up over everything else. I dont think thay have loads of bass tho, the SR80 has it, this have just the right ammount for me, and the punch! might be my favorite aspect soundwise, great for metal indeed.
    JamesMcProgger, Jul 11, 2011
  3. bcasey25raptor
    i quite like them. they are really good. but i feel my shure 840 is better. but i am waiting for the return of those. i think i like both cans for different reasons.
    bcasey25raptor, Jul 11, 2011
  4. bcasey25raptor
    i will do a comparison review when my shure returns.
    bcasey25raptor, Jul 11, 2011
  5. Tefloon
    I know I'm jumping the gun, but out of curiosity... How well are the 840s built?
    Tefloon, Jul 11, 2011
  6. bcasey25raptor
    phenomenally, like a tank. read my comparison review between my 3 pairs of decent headphones [url=http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/562330/review-alessandro-ms1-shure-srh840-and-pioneer-se-m390#post_7601876]http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/562330/review-alessandro-ms1-shure-srh840-and-pioneer-se-m390#post_7601876[/url]
  7. Tefloon
    Interesting...Never thought they looked too well-built from the pictures.
    Tefloon, Jul 12, 2011
  8. bcasey25raptor
    trust me they are really well built. yes it's plastic but it's strong plastic.
  9. tgott
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    If you feel it sounds great already, wait a year (using it every day, of course) and you'll see how good this headphone is.
    tgott, Jul 12, 2011
  10. bcasey25raptor
    ok im sold on the sound of these. guitars sound very upfront and powerful. this is what i want metal to sound like.
  11. Chris_Himself
    Great honest review, makes me curious about the Shure's but I never was a fan of their IEM's compared to other offerings so I have a bad taste in my mouth from that.
    Chris_Himself, Jul 12, 2011
  12. bcasey25raptor
    can't say much for their iems but i know their headphone line is top notch value for the most part.
    bcasey25raptor, Jul 13, 2011
  13. Wolham
    I have to disagree with you, bcasey. Though I bought the 109$, i-version. I find that while the bass is present, of course, the headphones are very lacking in bass; the bass is not loud, and absolutely not booming. And I like booming bass. Gives the music a little extra punchieness. Also, I find that the drums sort of get in the background, which is also to my disliking. What I enjoy is that the music sounds very clear, making my old headphones sound muddy in comparison.
    Wolham, Jul 13, 2011
  14. bcasey25raptor
    wolham, everyone may have different experiences. i heard the non i version has more bass.
    bcasey25raptor, Jul 13, 2011