nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. ronin22
    Nice review! I see you own the TFZ No 3 like I do and was wondering if you could comment on the differences between that and the T800 in terms of treble? I have the T800 on order and curious. Many thanks
    ronin22, Jul 19, 2019
    baskingshark likes this.
  2. baskingshark
    Welcome to the T800 club, I am sure you will love them when they come! The TFZ No. 3 is way darker/warmer than the T800. TFZ No. 3 has a roll off at the higher frequencies. For treble, T800 has more microdetails/separation, but is more fatiguing with the stock cable/stock silicone tips. They have different sound signatures IMHO. I use the TFZ No. 3 for a relaxing, non fatiguing chill session. The T800 I use for more critical listening/stage monitoring or to have a fun sounding session.
    baskingshark, Jul 19, 2019
    Great review!
    JohnNick, Jul 22, 2019
    baskingshark likes this.
  5. RikudouGoku
    [USER=516219]@baskingshark[/USER] Can you comparet the T800 to the TFZ No.3 a bit more? Which one would you pick if you could only own one of them? Is the T800 smaller than the KZ ZS6? Might want to upgrade to the T800 since I am not really pleased with the fit of the No.3, otherwise it is a really good iem for me. Oh and I have no problem with the ZS6 treble, especially after using Foam tips.
    RikudouGoku, Jul 28, 2019
  6. baskingshark
    Hi, the T800 trumps no. 3 in details/instrument separation/clarity/soundstage, but it costs 3x more and contains 8 BA compared to 1 DD in the no.3. It's not a fair comparison as they are from different price brackets (budget vs midrange). The only area the no. 3 is slightly better is in the bass department and has less fatiguing highs. I use both for different purposes throughout the week - no. 3 for a relaxing listening, and the T800 for critical listening/stage monitoring/casual listening.
    baskingshark, Jul 28, 2019
    Light - Man and RikudouGoku like this.
  7. baskingshark
    The T800 shell is larger than ZS6, but the fit is more comfortable as it is very ergonomic. As for the No. 3 fit, I can suggest trying different ear tips to get the best fit. If you have no issues with the ZS6 treble, then it sounds that you like bright sounding IEMs, and T800 may be a good choice for you. Even so, the T800 treble is less shrill than the ZS6 for sure.
    baskingshark, Jul 28, 2019
    Light - Man and RikudouGoku like this.
  8. RikudouGoku
    [USER=516219]@baskingshark[/USER] Already tried all sorts of tips with the No.3 and I believe it is the shape of it that makes the Fit kinda bad for me.
    RikudouGoku, Jul 29, 2019