nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. PeteSTRADAMUS
    That amp looks pretty sweet in the dark shots.
    PeteSTRADAMUS, Jul 18, 2019
    BreadMaster, iBo0m and Playbootsy like this.
  2. iBo0m
    This is some serious gear with a very decent design :D I'm a bit surprised about the hiss issues and that there's no option to optimize this. It's quite annoying when it happens to your favorite IEMs/cans...
    iBo0m, Jul 20, 2019
  3. project86
    Well to be fair, a bit of hiss on sensitive headphones/iems from a massive tube amp pushing 5 watts per channel is not at all unexpected. In fact I would be pretty shocked if it didn't happen.
    project86, Jul 20, 2019
    iBo0m likes this.
  4. ericohgb
    Thanks a lot for the review. BTW, where have you had your K812 modded? Best, Érico.
    ericohgb, Jul 22, 2019
  5. Pharmaboy
    Thanks for a definitive review of this amp. Everything a potential owner of the amp could want to know is right here. Re a 24-stepped pot: I've had trouble w/pots like this in the past. Depending on the exact amp/HP/DAC combination, it's too easy to get trapped in the bottom 1-2 steps w/far too much volume above. If I was in the market for this amp, I would be asking Cayin to upgrade the 24-stepped pot to a DACT unit or 47-step Goldpoint pot. Great review!
    Pharmaboy, Jul 22, 2019
  6. project86
    My K812 was modded by Peterek who seems to have either retired or taken a hiatus from the biz.
    project86, Jul 22, 2019
  7. Khronos
    Wonder how this would drive KSC-75s.
    Khronos, Aug 23, 2019
  8. zeissiez
    I heard this amp in a number of occasions with Utopia, HD800, LCD4, Susvara, HE1000. It has a typical 300B sound. Directly compared to a great SS amp like the AGD HE9, this amp has a sound which emerges from the bottom. Not that the tonality less neutral, but the soundscape seems more rooted to the ground than being floating in the air. And by comparison, I actually like this amp better than my Eddie Current BA, and the best SS amp I heard, the HE9. Definitely one of the very best amps around.
    zeissiez, Sep 16, 2019 at 5:35 PM