nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. DocHoliday
    [QUOTE] .....they did not go ahead and release a flawed product then issue a silent revision later on down the road, or worse, leave it be. No, they listened to the feedback provided, made the necessary changes, and as a result all of their customers are getting a better product the first time around. [/QUOTE] +1 on this, an absolute pet peeve for me. Enjoyed the review. At the moment, budget-Fi ($20 - $200) seems to be where all of the action and real value is in IEMs.
    DocHoliday, Jun 19, 2019
    hqssui and B9Scrambler like this.
  2. Starfinder
    Thanks for the review, ordered a pair, this will be my first high end headphone/iem
    Starfinder, Jun 20, 2019
  3. B9Scrambler
    [USER=490406]@DocHoliday[/USER] Yeah, I don't care so much with budget cheapos but when you're dipping your toes into 100+ USD stuff it better be right the first time. ~150 USD is imo the sweet spot. Beyond that diminishing returns really kick in hard. Not saying the more expensive stuff isn't worth it, you just don't see quite the same return on a performance increase vs. the amount spent to get it. [USER=512750]@Starfinder[/USER] Hope you enjoy it. And have an amp to run it.
    DocHoliday likes this.
  4. Matthew420
    Sounds like something I should skip if I'm looking for something genuinely mobile. Think an ES100 can drive this?
    Matthew420, Jun 20, 2019
  5. B9Scrambler
    It might be able to, especially over balanced. Would love to verify but my ES100 is bricked. So yeah, unless you have a decent amp I don't recommend it for mobile use. Too bad because it has the size, comfort, and isolation aspects down pat.
    Matthew420 likes this.
  6. Starfinder
    WIll the LG V20 be able to drive these enough?
    Starfinder, Jun 20, 2019
  7. B9Scrambler
    [USER=512750]@Starfinder[/USER] No idea. My G6 can't, at least not anywhere near what I consider adequate.
  8. crezo
    Superb review! I'm in 2 minds whether to pick these up. Using BGVP DMGs and CCA C10s as my dailies at the moment and love the bottom end on them (mainly listen to DnB, Glitch-hop, and electro-soul) so bass is massively important. The question is will these be too lacking in the bass department... Or still good but just not great? Tricky call, really tempted to try them as I've heard a planar, but not sure from that review if they may be too lacking in lower end oomph
    crezo, Jun 20, 2019
  9. KopiOkaya
    [USER=390186]@B9Scrambler[/USER] Your Zishan DSD can't drive the P1? Mine surprisingly drives OK. Not great but OK.
  10. KopiOkaya
    [USER=512750]@Starfinder[/USER] Unfortunately, none of the LG G-series can drive the P1. Tried and tested.
    KopiOkaya, Jun 21, 2019
    Starfinder and B9Scrambler like this.
  11. Starfinder
    [USER=500826]@KopiOkaya[/USER], Thanks for testing for me, I take it the quad DAC amp was running during your test, what was the result too quiet? Looks like I might have to cancel my order
    Starfinder, Jun 21, 2019
  12. B9Scrambler
    [USER=500826]@KopiOkaya[/USER] The DSD is alright with it, but that is an unusually powerful DAP (in my limited DAP experience) and even still, the P1 performs best when an amp is brought into the equation.
    B9Scrambler, Jun 21, 2019
  13. Starfinder
    [USER=500826]@KopiOkaya[/USER], it's possible that the 20ohms of the P1 isn't enough to trigger high impedance mode on the LG V phones. If so the cable mode or root hack will be needed. Were your tests in high impedance mode? (Hope that makes sense, I'm a newbie in over my head, hoping I don't have to cancel my P1 order)
    Starfinder, Jun 21, 2019
  14. KopiOkaya
    [USER=390186]@B9Scrambler[/USER]: Thanks for your reply. Yes, I find Zishan DSD quite adequate if not fussy. Of course with my FiiO A5 headphone amp, the P1 really shines.
  15. KopiOkaya
    [USER=512750]@Starfinder[/USER]: I don't use LG phones. Those G-series phones belong to a friend and he used them to test the P1 knowing that planar is power-hungry. I believe he tested them in high-impedance mode. Whether the phones are rooted or not, I won't know. Unfortunately, even with high-impedance mode activated, it still cannot drive the P1 to sound like my Zishan DSD.
  16. Starfinder
    Sounds very concerning, before I cancel my P1 order is it possible to check what method he used to trick the phone into high impedance mode please?
    Starfinder, Jun 22, 2019
  17. KopiOkaya
    [USER=512750]@Starfinder[/USER]: Dunu impedance adapter
    KopiOkaya, Jun 22, 2019
    Otto Motor likes this.
  18. Starfinder
    Thanks for your help, think I'll have to cancel the order
    Starfinder, Jun 24, 2019
  19. KopiOkaya
    [USER=512750]@Starfinder[/USER]: If you watch HBB's second video of the P1, he did mention it needs POWER to sound good. In fact, he positioned TFZ No 3 before of P1.
    KopiOkaya, Jun 24, 2019
  20. holsen
    I've had them for 2 days now, and the more I listen to them the more I like them. I would describe them as full, balanced, rich detailed and nuanced. I just fired up Derek Trucks Band - Song lines Album and I'm hearing things I've never heard from my Shures and the Bass has come alive. WOW. Give them time and listen to multiple genres and you'll be rewarded.
    holsen, Jul 11, 2019
  21. Enolaone
    I have P1 for a while. Not sure where to place them. I enjoy them more and more. All is controlled and punchy..
    Enolaone, Jul 29, 2019