nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. FastAndClean
    that thing ugly as hell
    FastAndClean, Jun 13, 2019
    pstickne and kevingzw like this.
  2. Dexter22
    I thought this was some cheap chi fi stuff from its look, then I saw its price.
    Dexter22, Jun 14, 2019
    pstickne and kevingzw like this.
  3. pstickne
    What is the nozzle diameter? It looks larger, maybe even a full 5+mm? (I wish reviews included measured sizes because .. I have to fit my ears.)
    pstickne, Jun 15, 2019
    Gareth Fernandez likes this.
  4. Layman1
    Sorry, I didn't measure and the review units are now with the next reviewer. However, hopefully one of them could measure for you? There's a thread where you could post this question: [URL]https://www.head-fi.org/threads/stealth-sonics-iem-impressions-thread.908435/#post-15011029[/URL]
    Layman1, Jun 16, 2019
    Gareth Fernandez likes this.
  5. Gareth Fernandez
    Hi [USER=514177]@pstickne[/USER] the nozzle diameter is about 5mm! :)
    Gareth Fernandez, Jul 11, 2019
    Layman1, davidmolliere and pstickne like this.
  6. Erfan Elahi
    Hi, I haven't read it thoroughly yet just writing in quick after skimming roughly and sorry for writing like this before fully reading. Have you got the chance compared with any other high flagships like Legend X, Solaris, or u12 or u12t ? BTW, thanks for specifying the songs you listened to and clarifying each of them :-)
    Erfan Elahi, Aug 18, 2019
    Layman1 likes this.
  7. Jackpot77
    [USER=476468]@Erfan Elahi[/USER] - there is a comparison to the U9 in my Solaris review: [URL]https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/campfire-audio-solaris.23389/reviews[/URL]) if that helps?
    Jackpot77, Aug 19, 2019
    Erfan Elahi and Layman1 like this.
  8. Layman1
    [USER=476468]@Erfan Elahi[/USER] Hi, and thanks for your positive feedback, much appreciated! I haven't heard U12/U12t, although I've read quite a few impressions and comparisons of them. I demoed the Legend X (and various other Empire Ears IEMs) at London CanJam last month, as well as the CA Solaris.
  9. Layman1
    I think pretty much all those IEM's you mentioned have a tuning that features a more impactful and hard-hitting bass than the U9. If BASS (in an otherwise audiophile tuning) is what you're looking for, I'd suggest that the U9 may not be for you. U9 is tuned more towards sub-bass, so there is some impact and depth there, but it's not tuned as powerfully as the others you mention.
  10. Layman1
    Conversely, when it comes to the rest of the sound signature, I think U9 can hold its own against any of them. At this TOTL level, it would be foolhardy to say "better than", because it mainly just comes down to sound signature preference. Of the Empire Ears line-up, I'd say Zeus and the new Valkyrie (mids & treble, rather than bass) are the IEMs most similar to the U9. Expansive soundstage and vast, extended, open treble.
  11. Layman1
    If there's anything specific that you'd like comparing, best to post questions on the thread, where others can also contribute their findings: [URL]https://www.head-fi.org/threads/stealth-sonics-iem-impressions-thread.908435/#post-15011029[/URL] Hope this all helps :)