nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. ASpencer
    This bests top of the line DAPs from other brands. FiiO has crafted a phenomenal device.
    ASpencer, May 15, 2019
    gLer and audiophilefan like this.
  2. audiophilefan
    [USER=425404]@ASpencer[/USER] I'm no expert at top of the line DAPs but based on what I've read online, I would have to agree. Everything that it can do at its price point is unheard of, until now. Thanks for taking the time to read!
    audiophilefan, May 15, 2019
    gLer likes this.
  3. Tex Irie
    Top Notch Review. Very Thorough! Thank you for the information.
    Tex Irie, May 16, 2019
  4. audiophilefan
    [USER=480819]@Tex Irie[/USER] Thank you! Appreciate it. And you're welcome!
    audiophilefan, May 17, 2019
    Tex Irie likes this.
  5. gLer
    Damn, you beat me to it! :P My review is in the works...but yours is superb, an excellent, well written review to introduce this remarkable dap. What you said about the headphone being the most important determinant of sound and quality is SO important - it’s probably the first time I’ve seen this written in a review. Don’t worry, plenty of people are going to be singing the M11’s praises soon. Well done!
    gLer, May 17, 2019
    warriorpoet and audiophilefan like this.
  6. audiophilefan
    [USER=474900]@gLer[/USER] But you beat me to creating the item page! I was about to create one but it's already there! Haha! I guess we can't have both. Thank you! Appreciate it. Sing praises, I really hope so. This is one remarkable device. Oh and it's great for browsing the web too. Not as large as a phone but good enough. :)
    audiophilefan, May 17, 2019
    gLer likes this.
  7. behemothkat
    Unfortunately, my experience with LDAC high quality on M11 is the same as on M9: a lot of hiccups. Even LDAC balanced (660kbps) is not stable as expected.
    behemothkat, May 18, 2019
  8. TwilightAudio
    [USER=513361]@behemothkat[/USER] I think that comes mainly from Bluetooth not functioneing well in general. I’ve never found any device that does Bluetooth well.
    TwilightAudio, May 19, 2019
  9. behemothkat
    [USER=489267]@TwilightAudio[/USER] could be, but APTX HD works like a charm..
    behemothkat, May 19, 2019
  10. audiophilefan
    [USER=513361]@behemothkat[/USER] Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, I'm not able to test it on this review. I'm not a fan of bluetooth audio in general and do not have bluetooth headphones. Let's hope it's something that can be sorted out via firmware update. It could also be a codec problem (LDAC). It may still not be as widely compatible as other codecs (e.g. APTX). I hope Sony figures that out as well. Nonetheless, the future is looking good for wireless audio. [USER=489267]@TwilightAudio[/USER] Thanks for your insights too!
    audiophilefan, May 19, 2019
  11. MinMay
    [USER=428934]@audiophilefan[/USER] Nice review! Thanks. Do you know if it support Spotify? thanks.
    MinMay, May 20, 2019
  12. behemothkat
    [USER=127823]@MinMay[/USER] yes, I can use app without premium account even.
    behemothkat, May 20, 2019
    audiophilefan and MinMay like this.
  13. audiophilefan
    [USER=513361]@behemothkat[/USER] Thanks for confirming that it supports Spotify. Appreciate it. [USER=127823]@MinMay[/USER] Thank you! Glad that someone can confirm Spotify support for you. I do not use streaming services.
    audiophilefan, May 20, 2019
    MinMay likes this.
  14. text
    YOURS is a detailed review! Give yourself credit. Between Fiio M11 & iBasso DX150, iBasso, of course has the swappable amps but also separate coax/optical output jacks and a separate LO jack. I've seen a flat/neutral frequency graph line on both. No data form iBasso on headphone drivability, so I give Fiio credit for that.
    text, May 22, 2019
  15. Darren Cotter
    Thanks for the great review. I would love to know where the M11 fits in against the X5iii and X7ii sonically. I hope the more modern architecture of the M series units over the X, has a positive effect on FiiO's firmware stability. They really need to sort this aspect of their business. Trouble is, they seem to be releasing new products on an almost monthly basis and spreading themselves too thin.
    Darren Cotter, May 22, 2019
  16. audiophilefan
    [USER=513633]@text[/USER] Thanks! Appreciate it. I think I auditioned a DX90 a long time ago, the last Ibasso I ever heard. IF that represents the Ibasso house sound up until today, that is a darker/richer sounding DAP. Not as open or lively sounding. That swapability could be for the X series. I imagine the X7 still being the flagship due to that feature but the M11 is powerful enough not to warrant a swap in amp module. Can't go wrong with both. :)
    audiophilefan, May 23, 2019
  17. audiophilefan
    [USER=397324]@Darren Cotter[/USER] Thank you! Unfortunately, I do not have the X5 nor the X7 to compare. The shift to Android is a step in the right direction. If they can get Google Play certified, even better. If you need firmware support, they are very responsive at the Fiio FB page. :)
    audiophilefan, May 23, 2019
  18. rocksteady65
    Superb, thorough review! Thank you so much.
    rocksteady65, Jul 2, 2019
  19. behemothkat
    Another sad fact about M11: it is unable to drive low sensitive IEM (like RHA CL2 planar).
    behemothkat, Jul 2, 2019
  20. audiophilefan
    [USER=124498]@rocksteady65[/USER] Thank you! I appreciate it!
    audiophilefan, Jul 5, 2019
  21. audiophilefan
    [USER=513361]@behemothkat[/USER] Not sure I follow. As to "drive", I'm sure it can drive any IEM. Are you pertaining to noise? My Faaeal Iris 2.0 is a 32ohm earbud, no noise nor hiss. I have stock IEMs from Samsung, which are probably 16ohms, dead silent. How sensitive is your IEM? If it's below 16ohms with 100+ sensitivity, then LOW GAIN will do the trick. Otherwise, try IFI IEMatch. They say it works but I don't have one. :)
    audiophilefan, Jul 5, 2019