nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. FastAndClean
    how is it pure beryllium and at the same time with PET base? i tought that pure berilium driver is like in the Utopia for example, no PET just beryllium
    FastAndClean, Feb 7, 2019
  2. Watermelon Boi
    [USER=379931]@FastAndClean[/USER] The manufacturer didn't go much detailed with the drver info, though I believe the foil diaphragm is 100% beryllium. Same goes for the Periodic Audio Be which also uses pure beryllium. : )
    Watermelon Boi, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Darkestred
    I have this but in CIEM 1DD and i love it. I wish there were more detail in the highs but its a lovely IEM.
    Darkestred, Feb 8, 2019
    Watermelon Boi likes this.
  4. sunneebear
    [USER=379931]@FastAndClean[/USER] The surround could be PET. The Utopia uses a rubber surround.
    sunneebear, Feb 10, 2019
    Watermelon Boi likes this.
  5. Watermelon Boi
    [USER=44567]@Darkestred[/USER] Awesome that you got the ciem version. I also feel it would of been a whole lot better if the trebles were more revealing and detailed, but I guess it was due to the sound signature M5-1D was aiming for (didn't included about this in the pros and cons as the details were fairy good for the asking price). The *M5-5D is known to have a flat reference sound so I'm much looking forward to that as well. (*had to clarify, it's 5D not the 1D).
    Watermelon Boi, Feb 10, 2019
  6. Lurk650
    I too purchase shortly after release. I did recently sell it to member Podster, who demoed it from me before I offered to sell it to him. Bass can be really good but I also found it depended on tip/seal but still lacked my preferrred amount of sub bass, treble I too found a bit weak but satisfying. Everything else was perfect. I own the S2000, Elise and Sleepers as well as the M3 BT cable. Sleepers are surprisingly great. Model X and GT2 are on my radar of course.
    Lurk650, Feb 12, 2019
  7. Lurk650
    I never even used the stock cable I don't think, went straight to a 6 core copper balanced Kinboofi cable. Podster did notice one thing, using an adapter for Single Ended he noticed the stock cable provided a lifeless sound and seemed to be about -3db less in volume. Cable roling like you said can be your friend for the 1D
    Lurk650, Feb 12, 2019
  8. Darkestred
    [USER=484957]@Watermelon Boi[/USER] Yup. Like you mentioned it is a great bang for the buck, though. I had auditioned these at Canjam 2018 and i was talking to the guy about what i like signature-wise. He recommended the 1D. After lusting over 64 Audio i felt (to me) that these were as close as i was going to get for a fraction of the price. I hope they have the 5D at CJ19 - i'll try them there but flat isn't my personal pref (even if i can eq).
    Darkestred, Feb 12, 2019