nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Tex Irie
    Do you know how the Ananda compares to the HE560v2?
    Tex Irie, Sep 13, 2018
  2. zellous
    Hi Tex Irie, I no longer have a HE 560 V2 but from memory, the Ananda has a much larger sound stage and is not as bright in the highs. The Ananda's signature is very balanced and even but very enjoyable. I believe the build quality is a little better with the Ananda. I hope that helps.
    zellous, Sep 13, 2018
    Tex Irie likes this.
  3. Tex Irie
    That does help tremendously Zellous. I'm listening to the HE560v2 right now. This is the first Hifiman product I have had the opportunity to try. Your review has me sold on the Ananda.
    Tex Irie, Sep 13, 2018
    zellous likes this.
  4. zellous
    I'm glad I could help : ) Overall I rate the Ananda higher than the LCD-X, the imaging on the Ananda is quite something.
    zellous, Sep 13, 2018
    Tex Irie and HD800NL like this.
  5. bidn
    Hi Zellous, I agree with you about their huge soundstage and their nice comfort (the trade-off is that they seem very fragile). I did not see any mention re. dynamics: for me this is their big shortcoming, they lack a lot re. dynamics and drum attacks, making me almost fall in sleep, although trying to listen to metal. In the end I liked them only for listening to dark ambient music and didn't buy them.
    bidn, Sep 14, 2018
  6. rutter
    [USER=457265]@bidn[/USER] Exactly the reason why I opted for the LCD-X. I had the HEXv2 and was wondering about the Ananda but I was told by customer support that they are similar. If the Ananda is indeed like the HEXv2, which others have claimed as well, it's a soft headphone. Not for everyone. But there is space with these headphones, although not necessarily great.
    rutter, Sep 14, 2018
    bidn likes this.
  7. caenlenfromOCN
    I disagree with the soundstage claim, I thought it lacked soundstage quite a lot actually
    caenlenfromOCN, Sep 14, 2018
  8. zellous
    Hi guys. What I have written regarding the Ananda is my personal views and opinions based on private listening on my specific audio setup. We all have different personal tastes, different shaped and sized ears and ear canals as well as different preferences.
  9. zellous
    I buy all my headphones, I am never given any to test nor am I loaned any. Sometimes I sell them and sometimes I give them to lucky members of family. But it is interesting reading other opinions and views. I would like to see other members who own the Ananda to write reviews of it too : )
    bidn likes this.
  10. zellous
    [USER=457265]@bidn[/USER] I do not feel the Ananda lack dynamics, as an example they sound excellent with classical music which is often full of quiet and loud moments. You may prefer a headphone that has a more forward presentation. Can you tell me what song you heard that almost put you to sleep?
  11. zellous
    [USER=457265]@bidn[/USER] They only way I feel sleepy with the Ananda is when listening to music on very low volumes whilst being sleep deprived, such is their comfort : ) Where did you hear them and what setup was used? HiFiMan actually recommend burning them in for 100-200 hours, were your set burned in?
  12. zellous
    [USER=495061]@rutter[/USER] I think the LCD-X is a brilliant sounding headphone, I reviewed it fairly recently. But I found it far too uncomfortable and heavy, it has a more forward sound presentation than the Ananda but some people will find that fatiguing... From memory, I find the Ananda to have slightly better highs and slightly more controlled low end compared to the Edition X V2. A little bit more balanced and neutral sounding.
  13. zellous
    [USER=495061]@rutter[/USER] There is no one headphone for everyone, I wish there was. And maybe a Grado GS1000 will sound more spacious than the Ananda, maybe.
  14. zellous
    [USER=452723]@caenlenfromOCN[/USER] No offence but I am shocked you think it lacks in sound stage quite a lot, I believe it is close to the great Sennheiser HD 800 from memory but I do not have one currently to do a proper comparison. I am curious, what headphone do you consider as having a great sound stage?
  15. zellous
    [USER=452723]@caenlenfromOCN[/USER] Did you hear the Ananda balanced or single ended? What setup was used? I plan on hearing it balanced soon. That should further enhance the sound stage, imaging, spaciousness and potentially detail and clarity. I just really like the single ended Solo with PSU1 amp : )
  16. Amuria Iris
    :O, very nice, simple and direct description / review, classy. Thanks for that, really looking into maybe getting this one soon ^-^
    Amuria Iris, Sep 14, 2018
    nicolitis and zellous like this.
  17. zellous
    Thank you Amuria Iris, I really appreciate it. I have reviewed a few headphones here on Head Fi over the months and the Ananda is only the third headphone that I gave 5 stars to.
    Amuria Iris likes this.