nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. SilverLodestar
    Man, these look like a real winner. I would’ve bought them immediately after reading this if they weren’t $500. I wonder if they’ll ever lower the price, haha.
    SilverLodestar, Sep 9, 2018
    B9Scrambler likes this.
  2. Otto Motor
    Great review! The purely theoretical question is what you get for your money compared to much higher-priced iems, for example the Campfire Andromeda. Wonder how a $500 iem is holding up against such much more expensive gear. As you said, for some, $500 is not a lot of dough, but it is for me.
    Otto Motor, Sep 11, 2018
  3. B9Scrambler
    Thanks Otto! Haven't heard the Andro unfortunately. Outside of the comparos already in the review, and unlike other reviewers, I don't have a bundle of pricey products to compare to. Of those I do have on hand, it's more balanced than the RE800 which requires EQ to address the treble peaks (that I personally enjoy), and is much better built.
    B9Scrambler, Sep 11, 2018
  4. B9Scrambler
    Compared to the RE2000 I find the staging qualities of the D5 superior; imaging, layering and separation. They're also more ergonomic and feel more premium in the hand. I don't see myself dropping $500 on an iem anytime soon, but if I heard this unrelated to reviewing it would be something I'd seriously consider saving up for. As I said, it one ups my previous favorite iem, the B400, in pretty much every regard and to me that makes it worth every penny.
    B9Scrambler, Sep 11, 2018