nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. KopaneDePooj
    Great review! I agree that DACs should not colour sound, and when you compare with equally linear sources there should be no obvious differences and it shouldn't sound "better". The real difference and revelation comes when you compare with sources that DO colour sound (HTC 10 (v-shaped), PC on-board sound (bass-bloated) in my case). Continued...
  2. KopaneDePooj
    ...Continued: The quality, linearity and dynamics that the Q5 puts out in this case are simply in a different league and very obvious (to me at least). That's why some of our reviews may sound over-enthusiastic, mine included :) The emotion that the Q5 gave me was genuine and I hope it inspired others that - like me - did not experience better sources previously. :)
  3. KopaneDePooj
    Great test tracks too! I'll make a Spotify playlist :)
  4. Sonic Defender
    Thank you KopaneDePooj, that is very kind of you to say, and you make a very good point about comparing with devices that were already coloured and how it can influence how we perceive a sound signature. And in true audiophile fashion, I also must acknowledge that the hearing brain seems to change throughout the day and there have been times that the Q5 sounds slightly warm to me.
    Sonic Defender, Jun 27, 2018
    KopaneDePooj likes this.
  5. Sonic Defender
    ... I tried to write about my "average" impression and that would be the Q5 doesn't change the sound very much, but that doesn't mean there isn't some changes going on. I loved your enthusiastic review and that of others. Send me some of your test tracks!
    Sonic Defender, Jun 27, 2018
    KopaneDePooj likes this.
  6. KopaneDePooj
    My test tracks are mentioned in the "Sound" section in my review + there is a "Spoiler: Other audio material used for sound evaluation" with a longer list. [URL]https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/19858/[/URL]