nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. dhruvmeena96
    Bro, compare them with iBasso it01 w/ 200hr burn... You would be surprised
    dhruvmeena96, Jun 27, 2018
  2. G_T_J
    Have you by any chance heard the Hifiman RE400? From your description above, they should sound similar. I'm looking to upgrade my much loved RE400 to something more durable as they have started falling apart after years of duty... It's worth to note that we listen more or less the same things - smooth jazz, 70's and 80's rock/prog.
    G_T_J, Jun 26, 2019
  3. iems0nly
    [USER=148631]@G_T_J[/USER] Sorry, i've never heard the RE400. I've read that it focuses on the midrange. E4000's has delicious mids, but they have a lush tone owing to bigger bass. Coming from RE400 you would find the E4000 bassy. But it is a nice, lush, thick bass. I would also guess the RE400 throws more detail. The upper mids and treble of the E4000 are really smooth with enough detail. The E4000 might be a welcome change for you if you choose to buy them.
    iems0nly, Jun 26, 2019
    G_T_J likes this.
  4. G_T_J
    Thank you so much for the helpful reply. I really appreciate it. THe RE400 were never bright or harsh. They exhibited great detail without getting tiring and I'm treble sensitive so I'm sure if there ever was a peak in highs or upper mids, I'd would have noticed. What you descrivbe seems close to me except from bass of course. I'm not a big bass fan but I like a slight emphasis in the lows for musicality, provided it's done right :)
    G_T_J, Jun 26, 2019