nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. chengsta
    TBH I need to EQ ANY iems/headphones because they just don't have the bass I want. However I made the mistake of buying bass heavy iems because they have no treble quality. I got the encores and just EQ the bass and it is marvelous. However, normal bass EQ just don't cut it. If you have any android DAPs, try installing viper bass because it reaches into the deep bass spectrum unlike your standard EQ.
    chengsta, Apr 25, 2018
    Stranger Than Fiction likes this.
  2. Koolpep
    You got the headfi handles wrong. Brannan is bangkokkid and Dr. John Moulton is FullCircle.
    Koolpep, Apr 25, 2018
    Stranger Than Fiction likes this.
  3. Stranger Than Fiction
    ^ True! Oops!! Will fix. :) I thought about it during this morning’s walk and thought perhaps an EQable bass is maybe superior to naturally bass heavy to begin with. Hmmm... Food for thought.
    Stranger Than Fiction, Apr 25, 2018
  4. lelutas
    It must be the greatest IEMs in the whole universe if you can hear David Gilmour plucking BASS strings!!!! (Yes, I know, he played some bass guitar in "Endless River")
    lelutas, Apr 26, 2018
    koiloco likes this.
  5. noper
    If you’re looking for bass, you’d be hard-pressed to find a BA bass with any kind of slam. Hybrids like EE Legend X (balanced sound) or DD like CA Atlas/Vega (very emphasized bass) would probably be more your speed.
    noper, Apr 26, 2018
  6. Koolpep
    If you want more bass, change the eartips, I feel it much more impactful with spin-fits or the old Aurisonics ear tips for the ASG line.
    Koolpep, Apr 27, 2018
    ehjie likes this.
  7. Koolpep
    [USER=467453]@noper[/USER] I agree for the most part, hybrids are the way to go for really moving air. However, there are a few exceptions that perform quite well that are fully BA. In the end the bass with BAs is different, nothing beats the visceral bass from a dynamic driver in my mind - so am totally with you there.
    Koolpep, Apr 27, 2018
  8. Stranger Than Fiction
    The CA Vega nearly blew my head clean off my shoulders. They’re absolutely insane, with truly visceral bass. But with a bit of tweaking I’m getting all the bass quantity and impact I need from the K10. (I will fix the above mentioned error now too now I’m done with an article for which I was near deadline).
    Stranger Than Fiction, Apr 27, 2018
  9. ehjie
    i Read Basshead, I ilke... (Kidding aside) i've been contemplating for a pair for ages. Why? for clarity, image scale, soundstage. should the Bass be light (coming from a W50), a cable upgrade & Tip tweaking should Do the job...
    ehjie, Apr 1, 2019