nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. int_architect
    Nice thorough review. By the way, you need a USB OTG to USB OTG cable to avoid reverse charging.
    int_architect, Mar 25, 2018
  2. chrisba
    Correct, just tested it. Thanks!
    chrisba, Mar 25, 2018
  3. Tysun
    This OTG cable will eliminate reverse charging. [URL]https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F292052970340[/URL] They have 10cm, 20cm and 30cm options.
    Tysun, Mar 26, 2018
  4. chrisba
    Cool, thanks!
    chrisba, Mar 26, 2018
  5. misteral201103
    Great review, I really enjoyed reading it - you packed a good deal of information in without it being too lengthy! I also have an X5III - did you find the soundstage width/depth was much improved with the Q5, or only a very small amount?
    misteral201103, Mar 26, 2018
  6. chrisba
    Thank you very much! Now I have to answer lengthy ;-) The major improvement to me was the ground solid bass with enhanced treble providing more air and fun (bass makes me happy). When I remember correctly the width was "enlarged" due to the treble - but not that much. For me it is already very wide, especially with IEMs. The bass and even more the vivid mids made the stage feel deeper. By which amount is hard to say, but I had much fun with this experience - and I miss it already.
    chrisba, Mar 27, 2018
    misteral201103 likes this.
  7. chrisba
    In the end it's more about bass and mids than treble I think. Maybe you find this useful and hopefully it matches your taste and experience when you audition the Q5. I can recommend at least to try it! :-)
    chrisba, Mar 27, 2018