nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. B9Scrambler
    This is how I feel about the RE400; overrated and under performing. Felt like I wasted my money on that one. Still, RE800 is my personal fav of everything I've heard from HiFiMan and while I don't necessarily agree with all of your comments, the varied feedback is always a breath of fresh air.
  2. NymPHONOmaniac
    Yeah, but the RE400 are about 50$ and can be found sometime for less....personally I did not have try them, perhaps I will if I can find them for 25$. Man, we sure have different ears as well as soundsignature favorite. I begin to understand your iem style. You prefer the RE800 over the Polaris too????
    B9Scrambler likes this.
  3. B9Scrambler
    haha, we certainly do :D Yeah, I prefer it over the Polaris, though I feel the Polaris is the better product. In regards to the RE400, it's not very pricey, sure, but even at the 25 USD Joybuy sale price I got mine at I wasn't pleased at all. I like the bass and mids, but gawd dang is the treble a mess. Maybe my expectations were to high, but I think that's justified given the reputation they've got.
  4. B9Scrambler
    Not to mention the embarrassing build quality. KZs feel like a luxury item in comparison.
  5. NymPHONOmaniac
    Price aspect is very important in my reviews as you know...and the RE-800 is an insult to this price range IMO Somebody must tell it as it is. Cable is sticky and make lot of microphonic...so the 800S is surely a more mature product....feel RE-800 was lauch too fast, like lot of Hifiman products...I read an interview of the Hifiman founder and wasn't impress by his over the top confidence.
    B9Scrambler likes this.
  6. NymPHONOmaniac
    well, okay then, will not try them even at 25$;) Reading right now another interview of Fang Bian and was confuse to read how much care he supposedly give for high quality cable choice. As well as this strange but revealing sentence: "High quality sound is becoming more expensive today.''