nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Sonic Defender
    Nice review, glad to see the Z1R is doing it for you. I feel essentially the same way as you do, while not perfect, the Z1R is a very strong headphone and up to say around the $1900USD price you paid I think it is full value when you survey the landscape of what is being offered these days. Also when you factor in the design and weight. The LCD XC was on my short list, and I'm sure I would have enjoyed it, but the weight just kept me away.
    Sonic Defender, Apr 9, 2017
  2. emptymt
    Actually, I've been looking for closed-back for a while, the Ether C 1.1 was once a strong contender, but I found the ether open sounds a lot better than it, so I went for it. The XC has always been out of question due to similar issue tha you have, I had it on my head for 5 mins and immediately I know it won't be pleasant after a while and it's not for me. my lifestyle right now is too busy to dedicate special time to listen to music at home, The Z1R is perfect for this, used it everyday at work. LOL
    emptymt, Apr 9, 2017
  3. jscmd2000
    Very nice review, thanks for comparing with the Ethers.  I've been looking for this comparison.
    jscmd2000, Apr 9, 2017
  4. jirams
    Never use compressed air duster on any headphone transducer. The pressure air jet could cause the diaphragm to collapse or could force debris into speech coil gap. Use a manual puffer brush with the brush removed and even this should be used gently..
    jirams, Apr 9, 2017
  5. emptymt
    ooo ok, thx for the tips, I only clean it twice, so I guess it's ok. I tried to put as much distance as possible when doing it though as I don't want the pressure to affect the phone.
    emptymt, Apr 9, 2017