nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. superuser1
    Great review George!! very extensive and thorough .. i agree about the largest pads and people with big ears like me. However the 99c is a beautiful piece of engineering, aesthetically and aurally.
    superuser1, Mar 13, 2017
  2. Dobrescu George
    Thank you! It truly is a marvelous pice of engineering! There are very few headphones in this price or any other price that achieve the same performance when it comes to the technical abilities. 99c has one of the best ratios when it comes to the amount of distortion-free EQ that can or applied.
    Dobrescu George, Mar 14, 2017
  3. adeypoos
    What a marvellous review George.  I am enjoying the 99C's more and more as they burn in optimally and you have summed up my thoughts beautifully.  I thought my Focal Spirit Pros were great, but these are a much sweeter and euphonic option, plus the headband won't crack like the plastic ones they had.  I wouldn't normally be happy about a faulty product but I wouldn't have been in the market for headphones otherwise.  Every cloud . . . .
    adeypoos, Mar 14, 2017
  4. Dobrescu George
    Thank you, [user=471713]@adeypoos[/user] !    People do need to check them out more! In the 300$ range, 99C + EQ are my favorite at this moment!
  5. antz123
    Georgeous Review :D   love the part of detailng on individual songs. I got them with larger pads they seem to fit very well, someone had mentioned another set of pads i think for AT series that sit perfectly on Meze.   Is there a burn factor applicable to them ? Thanks again.
    antz123, Mar 15, 2017
  6. Dobrescu George
    Hi, [user=289614]@antz123[/user] I received them burned - in, so I cannot say for sure how they sounded before. The pair I have is with the bigger ear pads and I have not tried other pads yet. Looking to buy HM5 in the closest future!  Also glad you like the review! Thank you!
  7. MattRG
    The 99 Classics are very good for the price.  Just look at my profile picture!  That being said, if you don't have the $300 for the 99 Classics for just $159 you can have the Russian made Fischer Audio fa-011 which is also a very good sounding wooden headphone.  Great review, George.
    MattRG, Mar 15, 2017
  8. Zachik
    Great review.  A quick question: I got relatively big ears, too, and am worried about comfort.  Do you have the measurements of the earpad's opening size?
    Zachik, Mar 15, 2017
  9. Dobrescu George
    Thank you, [user=465854]@MattRG[/user] and [user=416545]@Zachik[/user]  !  I have never heard Fa-011 so cannot say how they work, but thanks for the tip!  As for the size, about 5cm by 8 cm, but they stretch well and fit wars well after being adjusted for 10 seconds.
  10. Zachik
    Pretty sure 8cm should be big enough.  Going to audition them at CanJam SoCal in 3 weeks (cannot wait!!!).  Anyone knows whether Meze provide discounts if purchased at CanJam (did they do it before?)
    Zachik, Mar 15, 2017
  11. Dobrescu George
    [user=416545]@Zachik[/user]  No idea about the discounts at Can Jam, but there is a Meze 99 Neo coming soon that is cheaper than 99C but boasts a very good sound as well!
    Dobrescu George, Mar 16, 2017
  12. Melanie Litton
    For the price (or several hundred more) these are the best sounding and most comfortable headphones out there! Also they look super stylish. I have kinda big ears and they fit me well. Awesome review!
    Melanie Litton, Mar 17, 2017
  13. superuser1
    I think i need bigger pads than the larger ones available from Meze. Extra large ears, however its still comfortable.
    superuser1, Mar 17, 2017
  14. Dobrescu George
    [user=464947]@superuser1[/user] Similar situation for me. I would need even bigger pads than the big ones, but they are comfy either way. It takes me 10-15 seconds of adjustments, moving them around and snuggling my ears inside the cups, but once the fit is sealed, there are no problems with the comfort.
    Dobrescu George, Mar 17, 2017
  15. Preachy1
    [user=170938]@Dobrescu George[/user], thanks very much for the great review.  Based on your words, I found a gently used pair on Amazon.  They arrived today along with my shiny new FiiO X5 III.  At first pass, the pairing is as good as a good Cabernet and a perfectly seared NY Strip.   Break-in playlist so far:   Mark Knopfler - Je Suis Desoles The Who - Baba O'Reilly Neil Young - A Man Needs a Maid Dixie Dregs - Free Fall Bob Weir w/ Ratdog - Odessa   I'll get to some smooth jazz later.  :)
    Preachy1, Mar 20, 2017
  16. Dobrescu George
    [user=472379]@Preachy1[/user]  You're in for a lot of fun with that setup!  Hope it serves you well and don't forget to always have fun! You have some of the best equipment on the market right now!
    Dobrescu George, Mar 24, 2017