nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. drbluenewmexico
    Nice review B9!   thanks for all the incisive listening observations! btw, when you can, upgrade that HTC 8 to the HTC 10.  They totally nailed the sound system on the 10, which has way way better DAC performance and amp, and is quite listenable on low impedance headphones or  most IEMs for many genres of music.  sometimes i don't even use my MOJO with it, for sound is fine right out of the phone most of the time. I liked my 8 but the i adore the 10.
    drbluenewmexico, Mar 13, 2017
  2. drbluenewmexico
    NICE review B9! enjoyed your great listening observations!  btw, when you can, upgrade your HTC 8 to the 10. It does everything better, streams much better, and has killer sound. i forget to use my MOJO a lot of time when listening to music' out it cause its so good for many genres with upgraded dac and amp in it.
    drbluenewmexico, Mar 13, 2017
  3. B9Scrambler
    Thanks Dr. Blue :D Glad you enjoyed the review! I'm with Koodo and they don't have the 10 on their network yet. Hoping they get it by the time I'm ready to upgrade. Want to stay with HTC. My One M8 has been getting a lot less use as of late since the Shanling M1 came into my possession. Ended up buying the tour unit because I like it so much. Should have my review of that up pretty soon.
    B9Scrambler, Mar 13, 2017
  4. GuywhoLikesHIFI
    Thanks, can you compare these to the VSONIC GR07, the VSD 3s, or the Vivo XE800?
    GuywhoLikesHIFI, Mar 14, 2017
  5. B9Scrambler
    [user=463887]@GuywhoLikesHIFI[/user] The closest I have are the AN16 and VSD3 (nonS). Would that work for you?
    B9Scrambler, Mar 14, 2017
  6. GuywhoLikesHIFI
    Yes, that would be good. Thanks for the review, and making my IEM purchase decision making harder.
    GuywhoLikesHIFI, Mar 14, 2017
  7. B9Scrambler
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    B9Scrambler, Mar 14, 2017
  8. B9Scrambler
    I do what I can :D I'll try to update this with a comparo for you tomorrow. For now, sleep time.   *Review updated with comparisons of VSonic's VSD3 and AN16*
    B9Scrambler, Mar 15, 2017
  9. Or Avraham
    I have this earphones and I think that they are very bad earphones,their sound quality is not good .I recommend to buy SAIJIANPU-SJP800 earphones over it .The SAIJIANPU-SJP800 has excellent sound quality, one of the best earphones that I heard and it cost only 19.90 dollars .
    Or Avraham, Mar 16, 2017
  10. B9Scrambler
    [user=472135]@Or Avraham[/user] The SAIJIANPU-SJP800 looks nice. I can definitely see someone having fit issues with the V4 due to the shape and stubby nozzle. As with most any earphone that's going affect sound quality in a negative way. What about the V4 don't you like? You sure you're not just getting a bad seal?
    B9Scrambler, Mar 16, 2017
  11. Tomtattoo
    Nice review! I bought these too, but gave them away after a few weeks. A lot to admire about these really cheap phones, but... I loved the sweet sound, the mids, the highs... They were great with certain types of music. I´m listening to a lot of different genres, from folk music to extreme metal, jazz, blues, rock. electronic... Basically everything. And these phones were shining on acoustic jazz for instance, were quite good for even electronic stuff, any rock sounded horrible. Sharp, sibilant, fatigueing, annoying. So, as you can expect, for such a cheap price you won´t get a perfect, all-rounder product. But if you like acoustic music, jazz, Pat Metheny, Brian Bromberg, folk stuff, etc... Just buy yourself a pair, you won´t be disappointed. By the way, I used Fiio X3II, Nintaus X10, and an iPod Touch to test it, with high quality lossless records, DSD, FLAC, APE.
    Tomtattoo, Mar 17, 2017
  12. SaaRVRash
    Hey there, I have these earphones now and they sound superb, used to own the FXT90 before selling it off. I am getting the Brainwavz B100. I know I am expecting a lower amount of bass but I am more than fine with it, what else can I expect from the B100?
    SaaRVRash, Mar 19, 2017
  13. B9Scrambler
    [user=437750]@Tomtattoo[/user] Thanks for the comments :)    [user=394903]@SaaRVRash[/user] I've still got two FXT90s (one unused as a backup pair). Love em. The B100 is absolutely awesome though.Great decision. You should expect a slightly thinner, sharper, more detailed sound. Increase in detail is most notable in the mid-range. Vocals sound cleaner, though they lack some weight the V4 carries. Worthy tradeoff imo. Fairly different signatures due to the V4's additional warmth and extra low end grunt, but I'd still consider the B100 an upgrade, just not a direct one. Someone that wants a DD based earphone that's a more direct upgrade should consider one of the Meze twins.
    B9Scrambler, Mar 19, 2017
  14. SaaRVRash
    Thanks man for your comments. My B100 is coming in a week. Cant wait hahaha.
    SaaRVRash, Mar 19, 2017
  15. B9Scrambler
    Cheers! Enjoy it :)
    B9Scrambler, Mar 19, 2017
  16. rad7
    Thank you for another wonderful review! I recently got a Cayin N3 & looking to expand my cheap IEM collection as my current IEMs do not seem to be doing justice to the N3. I currently have KZ ED10, ZS3, ZST. I also ordered MEMT X5s & will be receiving them this week. But now after reading your X5 review, it seems that they are not going to be much better either. Even though I like ZS3s and do not like ZSTs (especially for long listening sessions as I am treble sensitive), I seem to be using the ZSTs more with the N3 as ZS3's sound seems dull and lifeless with N3. However, ZST is only marginally better than ZS3 when paired with the N3.   So, do you think the Somic V4s are going to be an upgrade for me? I usually listen to chillout trance, liquid DNB, etc & I like fast, deep bass; warm & detailed mids & precise, crisp & non-fatiguing highs. I've been also looking at urbanfuns, Tennmak Pros, kinera bd005s, etc.
    rad7, Apr 3, 2017
  17. Tomtattoo
    [user=424686]@rad7[/user]: If you are looking for something with deep bass´, then these ones are absolutely NOT for you. These cheap little things are absolutely shining in mids and highs, but have a pretty limited bass response. In fact, this was the reason why i gave them away.
    Tomtattoo, Apr 3, 2017
  18. rad7
    [user=437750]@Tomtattoo[/user] Thank you very much! I am not a bass head by any means, but yes, I do like good, punchy bass. I will probably try my X5s for some time since they are already on the way, and will keep looking for decent IEMs that will fit my needs.
    rad7, Apr 3, 2017
  19. B9Scrambler
    [user=424686]@rad7[/user] The V4 has excellent bass but you must absolutely get a good seal to get at the depth it can provide. Liquid DnB is my favorite genre and the V4 more than does it justice. It's got the speed and fluidity necessary. For a budget earphone it's fantastic. I also like a clear, present mid-range for EDM. Everyone thinks v-shaped is all you need for electronic, but you lose out on so much information.. The X5 on the other hand is a bass cannon. Much bassier than the V4. While I enjoyed it, I thought the V4 was miles better in pretty much every regard. The X5 had lots of initial "wow factor" (that BASS!!) but once I started listening critically it's flaws really stuck out. There is a reason I didn't compare the two in the X5 review. It would have come across as X5 bashing. I like the X5 and think it's good, but there are better earphones out there.
    B9Scrambler, Apr 3, 2017
  20. rad7
    [user=390186]@B9Scrambler[/user] I got my X5s yesterday. I did not spend a lot of time with them, but my initial impressions were just like yours. They have good bass but recessed mid range and their soundstage is also poor. The pros are their tiny size (I've been looking for IEMs to use while sleeping for sometime now) and their non-fatiguing sound signature (I can use them in the background while studying or working). The microphonics are really bad, which is disappointing as they are twice as expensive as something like the KZ Zs3 & so they should have used a better cable. I also could not find tips that provide a good seal yet. I'm burning them now & hoping that their midrange and soundstage improve a little bit.   I should have read your review before buying the X5s. Both musicmaker TW1 & Somic V4s seem better than the X5. Thanks once again for all your reviews!
    rad7, Apr 4, 2017
  21. B9Scrambler
    [user=424686]@rad7[/user] Give the X5 some more time. They're a solid earphone. Try wearing them with the cable around your ear and make a chin cinch out of a twist tie. That should help with the cable noise. In regards to tips, if you haven't already tried them KZ's orange bored ones should fit and give a decent seal. The smaller than normal nozzle size on the X5 makes tip rolling a bit of a pain.
    B9Scrambler, Apr 4, 2017
  22. rad7
    [user=390186]@B9Scrambler[/user] Thank you, I will do that. I will try the KZ's orange bored tips that came with the ZS3s. They provide a solid seal when I use them with the ZS3s.
    rad7, Apr 4, 2017