nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. FastAndClean
    Elear is not for bass, it is a open back dinamic driver headphone, how hard do you expect to push them without a problem?
    FastAndClean, Feb 16, 2017
  2. snellemin
    Did you even look at the video?  Did you see the volume level with zero eq?  The cheaper Hifiman performs better that this overpriced unit.
    snellemin, Feb 16, 2017
  3. jibzilla
    So how loud is 57%?  I can't imagine any of us actually knowing how loud that is. I have pushed the elear's beyond what I consider listening level briefly and no pop.   I get that most of us are looking for sound at this price range but take it from someone who has tried most the modern day flagships, build quality and comfort counts just as much and the elear has that in spades over many other higher priced options.    Sorry you had a bad experience.
    jibzilla, Feb 16, 2017
  4. snellemin
    57% is normal listening levels for most.  Hopefully the replacement won't fair so bad and I can actually listen to some reggea music at a proper level.
    snellemin, Feb 16, 2017
  5. eargasam
    I think it is on some elears. Mine does the same thing so I sent them back for them to look at.
    eargasam, Feb 17, 2017
  6. Fearless1
    Mine went back as well, replacement did the same thing at moderate volume.
    Fearless1, Feb 18, 2017
  7. FocalOfficial
    Dear snellemin,    We have read your Elear review and we are sorry that these headphones don't give you entire satisfaction.    However, the issue described is actually not a quality issue. Indeed, we have made a clear design choice on Elear and Utopia. Our headphones have been designed to favor the respect of the dynamic contained within the audio signal versus dynamic compression that would offer a higher SPL capability but less respect of the original audio signal. To cut a long story short, the choice was audio quality oriented rahter than SPL oriented. This allows our products to work with full performances until the mechanical clipping is activated. This means that you jump directly from a very low distortion to a sound which could be heard as rattling / cracking noise. On very special tracks with only very low frequencies at very high level, you can thus hear some noises - as you will do on classic loudspeakers.   If we change your pair of Elear headphones, the new one will be designed similarly and it will also have a kind of cracking sound when you will be listening to music with high volume and a fair amount of bass.   The only solution we can recommend you is therefore to listen to your headphones at a lower volume to avoid the cracking sound.    Thank you for your understanding, Best regards,  Marine, Community Manager Focal
    FocalOfficial, Feb 20, 2017
    trellus and adeadcrab like this.