nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. drbluenewmexico
    very useful observations! thank you!
    drbluenewmexico, Dec 20, 2016
  2. jinxy245
    Nice review...thanks!
    jinxy245, Dec 20, 2016
  3. MLGrado
    thanks!  I am way down the list in the loaner program.  Can't wait to get my hands on this to review.  (What I REALLY am hoping for, though, is being the lucky person that wins the 6 month loan of the iDSD Pro!! haha... I think that excites me more than actually winning one of the BL DAC's ;)
    MLGrado, Dec 20, 2016
  4. aftercrasher
    [user=393124]@MLGrado[/user] dont we all wish for that? lol
    aftercrasher, Dec 25, 2016
  5. DanDorn
    Can anyone provide a first-hand comparison of this device with vs the Chord Hugo? I've owned the Hugo for quite some time and love it. But the iFi is affordable enough that I would consider buying it if really lives up to the hype. Bottom line: besides marginal comparative compactness, would would I be getting vs the Hugo vis-a-vis sound?
    DanDorn, Jan 25, 2017
  6. aftercrasher
    Unfortunately I cannot comment on the Hugo. However I could comment on the small mojo.
    aftercrasher, Jan 25, 2017
  7. DanDorn
    No prob. I have the mojo as well, though I'm more interested in how it compares to the Hugo. Tx.
    DanDorn, Jan 26, 2017
  8. Krisna13
    Great review and comparisons. I've got the iDSD micro and the BL on the way. Looking forward to A/B-ing them. Do you mind briefly commenting on how the BL performs against the Mojo?
    Krisna13, Mar 9, 2017
  9. aftercrasher
    I felt the Mojo is a very good performer for its size. Price talk will be subjective, but for me yes it is reasonable. Solid aluminium body and very very nice pebble-like material for buttons. The Mojo has a lively sound. Bass is tight and punchy, vocals crisp and highs are nicely placed. If i remember correctly, the Mojo outperforms the iDSD (non BL) very slightly by having a more organic tone. the iDSD sounded more sterile and digital. Having said that i reckon the BL is as good and better value (due to the different connectivity and control options) than the Mojo. If you would like an all-in-1 portable dac, no doubt the Mojo will win due to its size and capability. However if you would like a desktop setup, my money is with the iDSD BL.
    aftercrasher, Mar 12, 2017
  10. Krisna13
    Thank you for the reply, good information to have for future reference. The iDSD BL will join my desktop setup so size is no worry. Saying that, I do take my iDSD micro for portable use too...Thank you again for the review and reply.
    Krisna13, Mar 12, 2017