nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. HiFiChris
    The implementation of the bass emphasis looks very tasty.
    HiFiChris, Dec 12, 2016
  2. Brooko
    Its definitely a unique presentation, but one you can get used to quickly :)
  3. obsidyen
    Nice review. even though I don't agree with some points (I don't think it sounds cool).    Was that a typo : "...The ES3 is a great triple hybrid..." It's all BA, is it not?
    obsidyen, Dec 12, 2016
  4. Brooko
    Yep typo - thanks.  Fixed. I definitely wouldn't call it a warm earphone. The coolness comes from the upper mid-range and lower treble emphasis in combination with the very linear mid-bass. The result (when compared to many other earphones I own or have experience with) is a somewhat clean, lean and cool sound.
  5. obsidyen
    It's not warm but neutral with a musical sound signature, I'd say it's very slightly on the warm side due to sub-bass boost. But yes, it's not warm in the sense that it doesn't have boosted mid-bass and lower treble.
    obsidyen, Dec 12, 2016
  6. Brooko
    I guess we'll have to differ in the way we hear them.  And to me - while they may have boosted sub-bass - they are not even close to warm.  At least not compared to the [b]many[/b] earphones I have experience with.  And whilst I agree with the comment that they are relatively neutral (as in flat) - most earphones I would describe as "musical" also exhibit a natural tonality (ie a slight mid-bass hump).  To me the ES2 is the far more natural sounding and musical IEM of the two.   I guess I'll look forward to your review and your own take on them.  My observations are definitely backed up by the measured frequency response.