nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. flinkenick
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Nice review Vince. Glad to hear you're enjoying them so much, they've stayed under the radar for quite a while. I agree that EarSonics should include a nicer cable, but on the other hand it's exactly the same one you get with a lot of TOTL's, that being customs come with even less accessories! I have 5 of the same cables lying around now (Deca, 8.2, Aether, Prelude). Not to defend the S-EM9, it could come with nice accessories. But it's more more of a general standard in this pricerange, it's usually the cheaper iems that aim to impress with accessories.
    flinkenick, Oct 28, 2016
  2. flinkenick
    Nice review Vince. Glad to hear you're enjoying them so much, they've stayed under the radar for quite a while. I agree that EarSonics should include a nicer cable, but on the other hand it's exactly the same one you get with a lot of TOTL's, that being customs come with even less accessories! I have 5 of the same cables lying around now (Deca, 8.2, Aether, Prelude). Not to defend the S-EM9, it could come with nicer accessories. But it's more more of a general standard in this pricerange, it's usually the cheaper iems that aim to impress with accessories.
    flinkenick, Oct 28, 2016
  3. Aero Dynamik
    Thanks for the extensive review! I've had a few of Earsonics IEMs and I've always been a fan of their cable. If the S-EM9 has the same cable as my other ES phones I wouldn't change it for anything.
    Aero Dynamik, Oct 28, 2016
  4. sect44
    I fully agree with the nozzle issue and tips provided. The nozzle is way too short (come on Earsonics) and tips are on the small/mediun size. All the biflanges are all the same size. Why? Soundwise, I also agree about the tonal balance being first class, truly awesome. I just would wish a slight deeper bass, but overall a truly masterpiece.
    sect44, Oct 28, 2016
  5. flinkenick
    I forgot how many people reported issues with the tips in the beginning. EarSonics is a bit peculiar with the tip selection..
    flinkenick, Oct 29, 2016
  6. TheKillerPiglet
    The nozzles have the same flaw as the velvet, namely that they do not have a ridge allowing use of a wider set of tips. Most tips simply slip off, so you are limited to stock tips, which are not not great a fit for me.I can wear the Velvets if I just sit, but walking around is a no go, the tips just wont stay,   Too bad, I love the sound of the Velvets, but now they sit in the sock drawer, forgotten.   KP
    TheKillerPiglet, Oct 29, 2016
  7. sect44
    They repeated that same mistake they did with Velvet regarding tips and short nozzle. A workaround to the tip issue is to cut a provided biflange and use only the part inserted in the nozzle so you get a wider nozzle. This way you can use almost all kinds of tips (I'm using this method and my JVC spiral dot is perfectly attached to the nozzle and sound great). Hope it helps.
    sect44, Oct 29, 2016
  8. oldschool
    If the nozzle is the same as the one of Velvet, use SpinFit tips - much better than the stock ones, sound and comfort-wise. YMMV of course.
    oldschool, Oct 31, 2016
  9. potatoe94
    How do you find the iFi iDSD compared with other players today ? I currently have one , but im contemplating to have them sold & to fund the AK70 .
    potatoe94, Nov 1, 2016
  10. cladane
    I appreciated the review Vince. I listen only to Classical. The S-EM9 aren't appropriated for this genre ?
    cladane, Nov 3, 2016
  11. Hisoundfi
    [user=355699]@cladane[/user] I think you would really like these with any genre, including Classical. They are universally good with any genre I've listened to.
    Hisoundfi, Feb 9, 2017