nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. monsieurfromag3
    Thanks for the honest review. I auditioned them briefly and came away unimpressed - I could have spent more time with them but they just didn't sound interesting. I'm afraid I agree with your point about their dullness, and not just in the trebles. The fit was fine, the source was fine, can't remember if it was from the Pioneer XDP-100R or a Sony PHA-1.   I was all the more disappointed since my reference headphones are the Sonorous VI (when they were still called Pandora Hope), which I'd define as the polar opposite of dull; and Final seem pretty proud about the 7200 if you read their own blurb about them.   But the truth is those sounded boring, a little veiled even, without much personality, either with bass-heavy music or dynamic metal.
    monsieurfromag3, Oct 19, 2016
  2. Deftone
    No problem and thanks for reading! i agree you put it perfectly, as i mention not only is it lacking in overall sound quality its also lacking any soul or personality.
    Deftone, Oct 19, 2016
  3. BartSimpson1976
    The F4100 is the best in the new F-Series. Much more energetic, good bass (quality, not quantity). Howeverm can be a bit grainy in the highs. Also found the F7200 somehow boring when listened to them,
    BartSimpson1976, Oct 20, 2016
  4. monsieurfromag3
    Mmmmh now I think I should give those F4100 a listen...
    monsieurfromag3, Oct 20, 2016
  5. BartSimpson1976
    you should. Much better value for money than the F7200
    BartSimpson1976, Oct 20, 2016
  6. captainmuffins
    To be honest, I read your review and it just seems to me you like dynamic drivers more than balanced armatures. Nothing wrong with that but perhaps a better comparison can be made with similar earphones.
    captainmuffins, Apr 12, 2017
  7. Deftone
    [user=439470]@captainmuffins[/user] i like all driver technologies, they all have strengths and weaknesses. I actually recommend the Final Heaven II (balanced armature) which is far better sounding and much cheaper. i found it hard to compare the F7200 with iems in the $400 range because most of them are technically a lot better at everything so i had to target the sub $100 and they're better still even at the lower price.
    Deftone, Apr 22, 2017
  8. Deftone
    The sound signature of the F7200 is dull, compressed and flat. Technical perfomance is poor too so its not a good combination. I write honest reviews even it means no more freebies.
    Deftone, Apr 22, 2017