nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Zelda
    Excellent review! Was waiting for a full review on this new KZ. interesting shape and 2pin cable. sound seems well done.
    Zelda, Sep 3, 2016
  2. vapman
    I don't have any problem with the ever-present insane quantities off bass, being a huge basshead, but I agree with the rest of your review. Nice one man.
    vapman, Sep 3, 2016
  3. vapman
    BTW the 2-pin TF13/sennheiser format is pretty common. In the KZ thread i've posted pics of my ZS3 I use with a 2-pin cable from an Aurisonics ASG 1.5.
    vapman, Sep 3, 2016
  4. B9Scrambler
    [user=42105]@vapman[/user] Thanks for the clarification. Not sure how I missed those pics since I'm always perusing the thread. Review updated. Cheers!   Also, I think the ZS3 has outstanding bass, it just has more than what I personally wanted it to have given how many bassy KZ's are already out there. Not a knock against it.   [user=336265]@Zelda[/user] If you pick them up, be sure to write about them. I'd be very interested in reading your thoughts on them. The more reviews the better!
    B9Scrambler, Sep 3, 2016
  5. jant71
    I have an old UE cable in a drawer here and hard to resist grabbing one of theses for the ~$10 they can be had for. Nice review as usual. Maybe some wildlife in the pics next time :)
    jant71, Sep 3, 2016
  6. wastan
    Very nice review. Oddly enough I couldn't find much bass at all until I put on some wide bore double flange tips.
    wastan, Sep 3, 2016
  7. KipNix
    Good review and I like the comparisons to three different price-ranged IEMs. It gives a clear idea of what to expect; good results against a hybrid is always a good thing!
    KipNix, Sep 4, 2016
  8. Wokei
    Love the review and awesome pictures
    Wokei, Sep 4, 2016
  9. B9Scrambler
    Thanks for the comments peoples! [user=22616]@jant71[/user] I'll see what I can do to get some beasties in there next time, haha. [user=427756]@wastan[/user] I'm guessing you just weren't getting good seal. Had the same issue with the stock tips. Problem solved with UE and large sized tips. Find I have to take that route often with shallow fit earphones like these. [user=362473]@Wokei[/user] Glad you like the pics buddy! I'm particularly fond of the beach ones myself :D [user=452943]@KipNix[/user] They hold up well against the LZ A2S, but that might not be saying much since I'm not the biggest fan of that earphone.
    B9Scrambler, Sep 4, 2016
  10. Onny Izwan
    bloody hell I am enjoying the heck out of this miracle earphones! How did they do it? Amazing resolution for so little money!!
    Onny Izwan, Sep 5, 2016
  11. Paulo099
    Very nice review! I'm still undecided between the KZ ATE and the ZS3. Is the ZS3 better in terms of controlling the bass and does it have better highs than the ATE's?
  12. Paulo099
  13. Paulo099
  14. Paulo099
  15. B9Scrambler
    [user=442004]@Paulo099[/user] ZS3 does exhibit greater control over their bass. Highs on the ATE are very relaxed. I think they're a touch tighter than on the ZS3, but the ZS3 does have better extension and more energy. As much as I love the ATE, I suggest looking into the ATR instead. It refines the ATE sound and design by adding a proper nozzle lip and improving extension at either end. The changes are minor but imo it brings them up to the same level as the ZS3.
    B9Scrambler, Sep 23, 2016
  16. Caipirina
    Thanks for the great review! I am a tad puzzled, my pair looks like yours, matte black, while what I see now on AliExpress is all high gloss! New version or fakes? Need to try the wide bore tips, having actually a pretty good seal and sound with the standards. Currently they are my top IEMs
    Caipirina, Oct 1, 2016
  17. B9Scrambler
    Glad you liked the review and are enjoying these great little earphones. The matte finish shown here was the only option available on launch. The glossy finish came out a while later. Should be legit.
    B9Scrambler, Oct 2, 2016
  18. gemmoglock
    How does this compare with the ZTS and ED12?
    gemmoglock, Nov 7, 2016
  19. Otto Motor
    Can be a bit harsh sounding. And it took me a while to figure out how to put them into my ears.
    Otto Motor, Nov 7, 2016
    LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  20. Yogie SP
    for TS if used [b][i]comply foam[/i][/b] its seal or not? the nozzle zs3 5mm ?
    Yogie SP, Nov 11, 2016
  21. B9Scrambler
    Didn't realize people were still reading this review so I stopped looking for comments, lol.   [user=460616]@gemmoglock[/user] Haven't tried the ZST yet, but I have the ED12. No comparison. ED12 is not very good. Has a very wonky, incoherent tuning. Sounds like a poorly tuned dual driver.   [user=462617]@Otto Motor[/user] What tips are you using? I find something with a soft bore pairs quite well. I found twisting them into place to be the most successful way to get a good seal. They can sound harsh otherwise.   [user=462893]@Yogie SP[/user] I'm not 100% understanding the question, sorry. I can say that I've got Comply T400/500 series tips. T500 don't fit at all. T400 are still a bit too loose to recommend using. The nozzle is between 5 and 5.5 mm. Keep in mind there is no lip to hold tips on.
    B9Scrambler, Nov 20, 2016
  22. Otto Motor
    I use these tips: [url=https://www.amazon.ca/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325&tag=headfiorg-20&location=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.ca%2Fgp%2Fredirect.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26linkCode%3Dur2%26camp%3D1789%26creative%3D9325%26tag%3Dheadfiorg-20%26location%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.amazon.ca%252Fgp%252Fproduct%252FB01AKB0HAG%252Fref%253Doh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00%253Fie%253DUTF8%2526psc%253D1]https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01AKB0HAG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/url]
    Otto Motor, Nov 20, 2016
  23. tenchujin
    That's it! I'm upgrading my Pistons V3 to this. Thanks for the review.
    tenchujin, Jan 9, 2017
  24. B9Scrambler
    [user=460616]@gemmoglock[/user] Finally have my ZST. Much fairer fight than the ED12. ZS3 is warmer, bassier, and thicker sounding. Both have a great soundstage. ZST can run a little bright. ZST's imaging, separation, and instrument placement best every other KZ imo. They're both worth owning. Very different experiences.   [user=381293]@tenchujin[/user] Enjoy! They're a great budget option.
    B9Scrambler, Jan 11, 2017
  25. gemmoglock
    Nice thanks [user=390186]@B9Scrambler[/user]! My ZS3 is starting lose some sound on the left side so I may get the ATR or ZST to compare and evaluate as a possible replacement.
    gemmoglock, Jan 11, 2017
  26. Jojaonthebeat
    what is the difference between ZS3 and ZST. I'm more into smoothness, detailed sound, instrument  separation/imaging, great soundstage and controlled tight bass. I like it to sound like I'm in a big theater. Which  will be the better choice? Can someone give the difference about how they sound?
    Jojaonthebeat, Jan 28, 2017