nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. HiFiChris
    What headphones did you use for the loaded measurements?
    HiFiChris, Jul 28, 2016
  2. thatonenoob
    Oh darn forgot to add that.  The R70X for the 470/ MH40 for the 39.
  3. Podster
    Nice job 1Noob;-)
    Podster, Jul 28, 2016
  4. thatonenoob
    This isn't even my final form -I'm gonna become 2Noob one day.
  5. ostewart
    Great review, I have one and really enjoy it, but the Elise has just arrived for review...
    ostewart, Jul 28, 2016
  6. thatonenoob
    [user=171112]@ostewart[/user] well that's something isn't it.
  7. Destroysall
    This amp looks beautiful.
    Destroysall, Jul 28, 2016
  8. thatonenoob
    It is indeed!
  9. Pastapipo
    Will you make my wedding photos? Bet you could even make my girlfriend look pretty.
    Pastapipo, Jul 28, 2016
  10. thatonenoob
    @pastapipo lol! I'm sure she's very pretty. I literally do not have anyone to compare to at the moment. Forever alone...
  11. Tuncurry
    Hi, would you recommand HD800 with it ?  thks.
    Tuncurry, Jul 31, 2016
  12. Synthax
    [user=402415]@Tuncurry[/user]  I've been listening to this pair. As I like very much Espressivo I do not recommend it to HD800 nor HD800s. Espressivo plays very well with Beyerdynamic line, incorporated with Teslas. But with my T1's the sound was not that top notch in terms of clarity. Espressivo got the musical factor but is not the last word with resolution and linearity. Better paired always with brighter headphones. But not particularly with HD800s....
    Synthax, Jul 31, 2016
  13. emrelights1973
    if the company sort their things out for consumers outside EU, they do not have to charge %18-20 VAT which is included in the price. We are paying a TAX that usually is not paid for..... So they need their homework to do, also i don't like companies increasing prices when they start to see a little demand for their product, i am not sure if it is a case with them, anybody know  the pricing history? anyway i am not going to pay %20 VAT for nothing...
    emrelights1973, Aug 1, 2016
  14. ostewart
    We ship worldwide. All orders are shipped via UPS or Post. Customs and duties may apply for shipping outside of EU. [b]Shipping costs[/b] - EU (incl. UK) countries - 40 USD - USA - 65 USD - Russia - 45 USD - Poland - 15 USD - For other countries, please contact us. Please note that Shopping Cart shipping cost applies to EU (including UK) countries only. Buyers outside EU, please contact us, [b]before adding an item to Cart[/b]. All prices quoted include VAT.       So to the comment above, if you buy straight through the website you will be charged VAT, if you contact them first and say you are outside the EU, you will not be charged VAT
    ostewart, Aug 1, 2016
  15. emrelights1973
    Dear Ostewart; Did you contact them? If you do they will tell you that it is a sophisticated process for small business and they have to charge it.  By buyers outside EU is meant for the shipping cost. "Info first talk later" is my motto.... It is a good advice for a young gentleman like yourself :)
    emrelights1973, Aug 1, 2016
  16. HOWIE13
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Nice review. Couple of comments; If you try rolling tubes you can obtain very different results. My sub 100 Ohm impedance cans sound excellent with no audible bass damping problems.
  17. HOWIE13
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Nice review. Were you using 6N5P tubes which draw 5A of heater current per pair?  If so, this opens huge possibilities for tube rolling and isn't mentioned in FA's user information sheet.
  18. HOWIE13
    Nice review. Personally I've had no problems with the sound from lower impedance cans in the 28-300 ohm range and Espressivo responds really well to tube rolling too.
  19. thatonenoob
    [user=334348]@HOWIE13[/user] great to hear!  Continued use of the Espressivo really makes me believe that the Epsressivo could be a great, fairly responsive platform for rolling.
    thatonenoob, Aug 3, 2016
  20. HOWIE13
    I've used C3g and EL3N tubes as powers, combined with 6SN7 tubes as drivers, with very good results. Preferred their sound to the stock tube types, which are still very good, of course.   As ever, using non-recommended tubes could invalidate your warranty in the case of the amplifier malfunctioning.
    HOWIE13, Sep 10, 2016
  21. angpsi
    Hi [user=406400]@thatonenoob[/user], I was wondering what you think about the synergy of the Espressivo with the Sennheiser HD600s. But first I'd like to give you a bit of context, so please excuse me for the long post.   I just entered the head-fi game after a long time lurking period, buying a pair of Sennheiser HD600s from another Head-fi member. Now I'm looking into buying an entry level amp for them, albeit having next to none listening experience with headphones (except owning a pair of Etymotic Hf2s for quite some time now). At first I was looking to merely get a glimpse into the game, e.g. either by opting for an O2+ODAC or picking up a Little Dot MkIII and play around with tube rolling. Then I came across Feliks Audio and their seemingly knowledgeable and visually gratifying work, and I developed an appetite to expand my initial budget of around $200-250. Nevertheless, the cost of the Espressivo is the limit—and only if it makes up for the asking price; unfortunately I cannot afford the Elise.   Feliks audio also brings forth the question between going for solid state or tubes. Having read a lot about OTL realizations such as the Bottlehead Crack, it seems that the Senns actually pair nicely with tubes. In spite of the fact that I come from a solid state background (I also own an audiophile grade system build around a pair of ATC SCM20s and the ATC SIA-2 150 integrated) I also have a very fond memory of a tube based system which was very intimate, holographic, and overall greatly appealing. Therefore, having the ATC system at home, I wanted to take the opportunity with the Senns to experiment towards finding that sound anew. Truth be told, that system was a very good one; if my memory serves me, it was a pair of Red Rose music speakers (Mark Levinson design) on an Audio Research set of pre & power amp (so, lots of $$$)! Ever since that time, I've had the opportunity to listen to tube systems on many occasions; but apart from the occasional exotic gem (e.g. Lamms) I never grew entirely fond of them—or at least I never found the sound that exited me so much that one time.   In addition, I'm also worried that the HD600s will reflect/reveal greatly upon the signature of the amp. I have suffered the same with my ATCs, for which I ended up paying a good deal of money in order to satisfy [their] appetite. Having this experience, I'm afraid that the same applies with the Senns. That aspect alone might make the case to stop looking into tubes, unless I'm able to churn out a substantial amount of money.   I've enjoyed your review immensely, and this is why I'm asking for your advice. Once again let me apologize for the long post, but I wanted to make my case as clear as possible.   Thanks,
    angpsi, Oct 21, 2016