nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Brooko
    Great review Chris - nailed it.  You and I seem to have very similar thoughts and preferences.  Very much agree on the fit too.  Shure Olives will fit if you stretch them - and you can then have a great shallow seal.
    Brooko, Jul 20, 2016
  2. Hawaiibadboy
    Great review and clear disclaimer. I feel warm and fuzzy :) Seriously. I can see why Brooko digs it. It's good for the merchant and the buyer and it is full of info. NAILED IT!!
    Hawaiibadboy, Jul 20, 2016
  3. HiFiChris
    [user=170914]@Brooko[/user] & [user=389304]@Hawaiibadboy[/user]      Thank you, buddies!     Paul - I'm definitely going to try the Shure Olives this evening. I'm not really a fan of foam tips (though the Shure and Crystalline Audio tips are indeed quite good), but I've got a feeling those might harmonise well with the SIRIUS and my ears. All non-stock silicone tips I've tried with the A91 didn't work as well as the stock silicones for me (less even treble, honky/shouty mids, reduced upper highs - all attributes that the stock silicone tips did not give me).
  4. Bennet P
    I may have missed this in the review, but what did you use to drive these?
    Bennet P, Jul 20, 2016
  5. HiFiChris
    [user=454225]@Bennet P[/user]   "For listening, I used the Luxury & Precision L3 in balanced mode and the iBasso DX90, DX80 as well as the LH Labs Geek Out IEM 100 and last but not least Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII in single-ended mode. For critical listening and comparisons to other in-ears, I used the DX90 and Geek Out IEM 100."
  6. 1clearhead
    Nice review....   Got the same results when listening to them this past week with my friend at his headphone shop. Cheers!
    1clearhead, Jul 20, 2016
  7. HiFiChris
    [user=363120]@1clearhead[/user]   I really wish there were many more shops in Germany that carry in-ears and allow for physical demo directly in-store.
  8. hakuzen
    hakuzen, Jul 20, 2016
  9. senorx12562
    I wonder if a set of triple flange tips (if any will fit over the nozzles) would help you get a better seal without having to have the shell so hard against your ears. Nice review Chris.
    senorx12562, Jul 21, 2016
  10. HiFiChris
    @senorx12562 Sure, but they'd alter the sound, too. So far, I've found the stock tips to be the most harmonious sounding [i]for me and my ears[/i]. The differences are subtle but most non-stock tips made the treble less even sounding for me and increased the upper mids, making them a tiny bit honky. Foams were good but made the sound a bit warmer and fuller than with the silicpne tips and also changed the bass quality a little (well, basically the effect that foam tips give me with most in-ears). I don't know, maybe a fourth (larger) size of the stock tips would be a not too bad idea to help people with large but deep ears get a nice shallow fit and seal. Anyway, I'm personally also convinced that if a manufacturer wanted us to use other/different tips, he would've included them. I know I'm a little bit in the minority in the way of thinking so, but I'm an all stock guy. So as long as I can get a sufficient seal and halfway secure fit, I'll take some discomfort and a 100% true and stock sound over a better comfort and probably slightly different sound with third party tips.
    HiFiChris, Jul 21, 2016