nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Kerouac
    Great and honestly (no beating around the bush) written review! After reading lots of K10 reviews and posts on signature, I would be surprised if there wouldn't be more drivers dedicated to that obvious gorgeous mids (instead of treble) of it.   Hugo can certainly bring out the best in (c)iems and hps...now if it only would have Mojo's size for portability, than I wouldn't be in doubt about keeping or selling mine these days :)   Cheers!
    Kerouac, Jul 6, 2016
  2. Wilderbeast
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Thank you! I know what you mean about the driver allocation - if thought the same myself. The Hugo sound in a Mojo body would be perfect. I'm hoping for a Hugo2 at some stage, with auto input selection & volume memory etc.
    Wilderbeast, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Wilderbeast
    Thank you! I know what you mean about the driver allocation - I had thought the same myself. The Hugo sound in a Mojo body would be perfect. I'm hoping for a Hugo2 at some stage, with auto input selection & volume memory etc.
    Wilderbeast, Jul 6, 2016
  4. Amictus
    Very helpful to me. I am considering a Hugo, but am worried that I will be disappointed as I already use a Chord TT. Your glowing reflections on the Hugo are helpful indeed. I have already heard the Mojo (bought it for my son).
    Amictus, Jul 6, 2016
  5. Wilderbeast
    Your son is lucky! Would love to hear the TT (and Dave) but am more than happy with the Hugo in the meantime.
    Wilderbeast, Jul 8, 2016
  6. knopi
    Amazing review thank you a lot. I have a few months Hugo (loan) it sounds very clear and natural which I like a lot, I absolutely agree it have to sounds great via darker headphones iem ciem. It sounds even more natural than my Mytek Brooklyn DAC but Brooklyn have much much better preamp so with speakers the Brooklyn easyli win. would be interesting try TT for me but the price ooh:( do for me no.  Please how big do you feel difference between your iPhone against your favorite AK100 II/Hugo with K10?
    knopi, Jul 8, 2016
  7. The Life
    I 100% cosign the K10 + AK100ii combo. I thought I was the only person who thought his K10s sounded better with the Ak100ii than with amps and DAPs costing much more money. To my ears, that combo sounded even better than the K10 + Hugo combo.
    The Life, Jul 8, 2016
  8. Wilderbeast
    Tonally, I find the iPhone 6, AK100ii and Hugo quite similar. They all sound more or less neutral. The AK is the liveliest of the three; it has plenty of energy and zing. A recording of someone playing a triangle would demonstrate this well - the metallic 'ting' would jump out at you. iPhone sounds a bit lifeless in comparison. Hugo doesn't quite have the sparkle of the AK, which is not a bad thing in my opinion, because it absolutely nails the realistic timbre of individual instruments, and presents a convincing 3D sound space. I do enjoy my AK100ii at the moment (apart from the painfully long boot-up time). The Life: how do you compare it with the AK120ii?
    Wilderbeast, Jul 9, 2016
  9. Wilderbeast
    To answer your question knopi, I think there is a colossal difference between iPhone and AK100ii/Hugo. It's not just a different sound, it's a different experience. I do think the iPhone is quite good though.
    Wilderbeast, Jul 9, 2016