nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Sonic Defender
    Thanks for the review! I'm like you are, extremely pleased with my iDSD Micro and I also love the slight warmth of the Burr Brown DAC section.
    Sonic Defender, Jun 15, 2016
  2. Sonic Defender
    Wasn't Burr Brown the DAC maker used in the older and better sounding iPods back in the day?
    Sonic Defender, Jun 15, 2016
  3. Bansaku
    Nice review! Very interesting about the noise on the 9V iPower vs the 15V. Honestly, my iPower died and I am using a 12V adaptor and there is no hiss heard even at full volume (using my Polk IEMs). [user=180560]@Sonic Defender[/user] No, they used the Wolfson DAC. (I still have a working 20GB model that I will never let go!)
    Bansaku, Jun 16, 2016
  4. TAREKFOUAD1
    Very nice review @[user=390650]Bansaku[/user] What kind of 12V adaptor you are using?
    TAREKFOUAD1, Jun 17, 2016
  5. Hawaiibadboy
    Great review.
    Hawaiibadboy, Jun 17, 2016
  6. ClieOS
    [user=180560]@Sonic Defender[/user] I only know Wolfson (older) and Cirrus (newer) being used on iPod. Then again, I am not really that much into iPod to keep track on them.   [user=390650]@Bansaku[/user] The noise from that particular 15V iPower is kind of random so I am still not sure what causes them. I might end up getting another 15V iPower but probably not for awhile.
    ClieOS, Jun 17, 2016
  7. h1f1add1cted
    Best reviewer of iFi gear ever, peroid.
    h1f1add1cted, Jun 18, 2016
  8. glassmonkey
    The iPower thing is not a freak incident. I've used 3 iPowers and all have had noise issues.   I really appreciate the detailed technical information that has been put forward, well done! I do find myself missing context. I'd like to know what you listened to, with what headphones, etc.... I found the iCAN SE to do well with headphones that aren't difficult to pair, but even with all it's power, I didn't feel that it pulled out all the potential of the HD800, HE6 or the AKG K1000.   The tech folks at iFi think I may have a ground loop, so I am hoping to remedy that and give it another go to see what I can hear. My view may improve in the future.
    glassmonkey, Jun 19, 2016
  9. ClieOS
    I listen to almost everything, perhaps except metal. My headphone collection is in my profile, but I'm mainly an IEM guy, if that not obvious. My reference IEM is Etymotic ER4, but I always listen to few pair of IEM when reviewing gear so I can get a more complete picture.
    ClieOS, Jun 19, 2016
  10. walfredo
    Thanks for the nice review, [user=11725]@ClieOS[/user]!!!   I am going to get one. :-)  I really like ifi nano idsd I have and your review suggests I will really like these.   I am just wondering on the "classic" vs SE.  I do not need the extra power of the SE.  My main headphones are Audio Technica woodies, which are quite efficient.  Given no need for extra power, which one would you get?   Thanks again, Walfredo
    walfredo, Jul 6, 2016
  11. ClieOS
    [user=157336]@walfredo[/user] Both will work. But the question is whether to save a little bit on the original iCAN or spend a bit more for the more future proof SE, in the case that you might need extra power in future headphone upgrade. Personally I'll more inclined to get the SE and be done.
    ClieOS, Jul 6, 2016