nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. FullCircle
    [b]" I believe UE and some other companies 3D print their shells as well, so these aren't the only ones with the texture."[/b]       SLA printers range in price from a little over $1K  to well over $250K.   It would be a mistake to assume that all SLA machines provide equal results
    FullCircle, Jun 3, 2016
  2. taiden
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Hey Justin, I am grateful for you taking the time to post this review. I'm glad I was able to get the fit handled for you. And thank you for bringing the finish on your set to my attention, this is how I learn and improve my craft. Cheers!
    taiden, Jun 3, 2016
  3. Uberclocked
    "I am feeling a very slight dip in the lower mids" The frequency response of the Aria shows no such dip.  This may be an effect of you just being used to sound signatures with boosted midbass/lower mids, as when I transitioned from a midbass/lower mids-heavier iem to one that was more neutral in that region, I had the same impressions that you did.
    Uberclocked, Jun 3, 2016
  4. ustinj
    [user=82889]@FullCircle[/user] You're correct, I'm only speaking from what I've seen in photos (some UERMs have a stained-glass texture, some don't). However, I know that Vibro uses an industrial level SLA printer in a medical lab.    [user=405267]@Uberclocked[/user] The frequency response doesn't show it, but it's simply a description of what I (and several others) hear. That being said, I don't think FR graphs can show the nuances and certain qualities of the overall sound, such as the vocal timbre.
    ustinj, Jun 4, 2016
  5. Uberclocked
    You specifically said "I am feeling a very slight dip in the lower mids".  The frequency response shows no such dip.  Anyways, neither of the other reviews up describe it as having such a dip either.
    Uberclocked, Jun 4, 2016
  6. Furiousipaduser
    @Uberclocked I have the aria universals, and hear the dip in lower mids. Rhiannon by fleetwood Mac as an example Stevie's voice has a small grumble and it's almost missing on the arias.
    Furiousipaduser, Jun 4, 2016
  7. ustinj
    [user=405267]@Uberclocked[/user] You're right, I did say that I [i]felt a slight [/i]dip in the lower mids. The frequency response doesn't have to show it in order for me to [i]feel[/i] hollowness in the vocal range (perhaps I should've said vocals rather than mids ... but we both know that vocals are comprised of mostly mid-ranged frequencies). Neither of the other reviews mention this slightly thin-sounding timbre, but I've spoken to 3 others who own/have the Aria and they also felt the same. It may be due to different sources, but I can't say for sure.
    ustinj, Jun 4, 2016
  8. Wyd4
    [user=438916]@ustinj[/user] nice review.  Very easy to read and relate to.  Thanks :)   [user=405267]@Uberclocked[/user] Why are you jumping on the guy?  It was his interpretation of the sound.  He gave an honest review.
    Wyd4, Jun 6, 2016
  9. WhiskeyJacks
    I would have to agree, it was a good and honest review from his view point. It also gave a different perspective than the other few reviews I have read about this IEM. From my experience and experiences of many headfier's and audio enthusiasts, FR doesn't always explain what is heard or perceived. That being said with each source, amp, and other gear we use with each headphone will lead to different synenergy. I appreciated him telling about what he felt from the music he was listening to with the Aria, from someone like me that will check FR and get an Idea of what I tend to like as far as "V-shaped, U-shaped, etc" I don't put all my stock in that at all. Being as I like a balanced frequency and have listened to headphones and IEMs where that balanced FR did absolutely nothing for me.
    WhiskeyJacks, Jun 22, 2016
  10. ustinj
    [user=395555]@WhiskeyJacks[/user] I wouldn't go as far as to say it was V-shaped, only very slightly so -- I've had a discussion with another owner and he did feel the leanness of the mids as well, but he didn't feel it was V-shaped. It's definitely true about the source affecting the perception of it however, I'd imagine a warmer source could fill out the body of the mids and make it feel well-bodied.
    ustinj, Jun 22, 2016
  11. Crypticmx
    [user=438916]@ustinj[/user] You said you have heard the Pinnacle P1, how would you compare them with the Aria? I especially like the soundstage on the P1s, is the soundstage on the Aria comparable?
    Crypticmx, Jul 10, 2016
  12. ustinj
    [user=380439]@Crypticmx[/user] I would not say the Aria has an exceedingly large soundstage, though it does seem slightly larger vertically than horizontally. However, the imaging is pretty good in terms of placement; though the sounds don't seem very far/spaced away.
    ustinj, Jul 10, 2016
  13. ustinj
    [user=380439]@Crypticmx[/user] Oh yeah, but in terms of sound, I think the Aria does everything better than the Pinnacle P1 other than mids.
    ustinj, Jul 10, 2016
  14. Dr4Bob
    Thanks for a detailed and most thoughtful review. Cheers!
    Dr4Bob, Jul 28, 2016