nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Brooko
    Good review Alex.  We'll have to disagree on the cables ;) - but it definitely has me wanting to hear both U12 and U10 at some stage.
    Brooko, May 11, 2016
  2. seanwee
    Pros: ...,detailed ,... Cons:...,not for those craving revealing/analytical sound,...   Kinda confusing.
    seanwee, May 12, 2016
  3. twister6
    [user=427457]@seanwee[/user] : the sound can still be detailed and resolving when you have smooth/organic/natural tonality.  The same as it could be detailed (on micro-detail level) when you have revealing/analytical/bright tonality.  Some people enjoy brighter more revealing tonality with analytical sound which gets down to micro-detail level - U6 is not it.  Instead, it's natural, smooth, and detailed.
    twister6, May 12, 2016
  4. husafreak
    Thanks for a great review. I definitely have to get  the B1 modules for mine. As for cables I thought a silver cable would make the difference you noted but dang the one you mentioned is expensive! I wouldn't go for that without hearing it first. I would love to hear your comparison of the U6/TWag v3 T combo VS the stock cable with Brooko's EQ boost. I get the detailed VS analytical issue with mine. On excellent high res recordings and natural instruments I am very satisfied and on highly etched/bright recordings I am grateful. But with complex, dense, or bass heavy recordings the sound gets a little dark and it becomes hard for me to pick out the small stuff (with the S1 modules). FWIW I went back and forth between the Savant and U6 ant CanJam, it was a tough choice for me. Your comparison is dead on! I decided to go with the U6's and told the 64 Audio rep I was choosing its warmer, really pleasant sound quality over a more analytical and revealing set of IEM's. His response was "we get that a lot".
    husafreak, May 12, 2016
  5. twister6
    [user=443057]@husafreak[/user] : my observation with cable was based on cable material, just so happen I had TWag v3 T to use for testing, but there are other alternative cable makers with pure silver that cost cheaper.  There is no magic or snake oil behind cables, you are dealing with a different wire material which has a different resistivity and conductivity property, and different levels of purity during manufacturing, all of which affect how electrons travel through the wire.  The level of sound change will vary depending on our perception and hearing sensitivity.  I will definitely test Paul's EQ suggestion.   Regarding comparison to Savant, it all comes down to personal preference.  Often people get wowed by initial impression of upfront details, but later realize it could become fatigue during extended listening.  Plus, audio events have a loud environment to get a good feeling about the sound.  Both of these IEMs are great, can't go wrong, just a matter of a personal preference.   Start with B1 module first and see how it goes from there.  Don't change more than 1 variable at a time in your sound listening chain.  I think many of the issues you are having right now might be resolved with B1 ;)
    twister6, May 12, 2016
  6. husafreak
    Right on, thanks. I do hear differences in cables and silver has certain properties. I think people confuse "better" and "different" sometimes when evaluating cables, I agree with you. I definitely thought about user fatigue during my auditions. Yes, it was pretty darn loud at CanJam. B1 baby.
    husafreak, May 12, 2016
  7. Brooko
    If you're going to "invest" - and I use that term loosely - in cables, make sure you volume match properly when you are comparing. I tried a pure silver vs stock in my own review and thought I heard a difference,  I then measured the output and there was a difference - 1 dB in volume (silver was louder).  No change in freq response.  When I adjusted the volume so both were equal there was zero audible difference - measured or heard.  If you believe in cable changes - go for it.  Just realise you could end up spending $100s on something which will do very little (if any) difference.  Sorry Alex - just balancing the equation with my own objective findings.
    Brooko, May 12, 2016
  8. WhatToChoose
    The comparison section was great, nice review
    WhatToChoose, May 12, 2016
  9. flinkenick
    [user=170914]@Brooko[/user], if you don't mind my asking could you specify which silver cable that was? Every cable has its own signature and properties.The material itself is actually not that important. The purity of the strands, production method (OFC, OCC), litz construction, gauge etc. will have a greater effect on resolution as well as tonality than it simply being silver or copper. When it comes to silver cables, unfortunately, based on experience there seems to be be a cutoff point around $300 for true quality (due to the aforementioned production processes). I've also tried cheaper cables and found the improvement to be negligible.
    flinkenick, May 13, 2016
  10. Brooko
    [user=410706]@flinkenick[/user] - I'll PM you.  Don't want to detract from Alex's review
    Brooko, May 13, 2016
  11. ld100
    WHat is the DAP in the pictures? Thanks
    ld100, May 13, 2016
  12. twister6
    [user=451102]@ld100[/user] : LPG - Lotoo PAW Gold (in red Dignis leather case).
    twister6, May 13, 2016
  13. ld100
    Thank you for quick reply!
    ld100, May 13, 2016
  14. jinxy245
    Great review...I am so interested in the ADEL, especially after Brooko's review. I'm pretty sure I'm going to wind up with one of the u-series, and these sure seem to be a great choice!
    jinxy245, May 16, 2016
  15. endia
    [user=378311]@twister6[/user], how do you compare them with flc8s, if possible? thanks..
    endia, May 18, 2016
  16. twister6
    [user=6513]@endia[/user] : sorry, didn't have a chance for a close a/b comparison yet, and I typically test/compare 3-way hybrids separately from multi-BA iems/ciems.
    twister6, May 18, 2016
  17. Audio Addict
    Any comments regarding the barrel's size?  It looks huge in the photo's.  I really didn't want to go customs but I am struggling to find a Universal with a small barrel design that fits.  It seems most of the newer IEM, by whatever manufacturer is going with a much larger nozzle that doesn't fit.  The older Westone's or Klipsch fit well.
    Audio Addict, Jun 9, 2016
  18. husafreak
    The barrel size is definitely not "huge". It is smaller than the Savant I think. The Medium Comply foams fit it and I.
    husafreak, Jun 24, 2016
  19. husafreak
    I posted my experience with the B1 modules VS the S1 modules on Brooko's review. I won't repeat myself here except to say I am finally completely satisfied with my U6 IEM's.
    husafreak, Jun 24, 2016
  20. Rebelranger
    Very Good points in your review! Excellent! Trying to decide the 6 or 8... this helps a bunch
    Rebelranger, Aug 31, 2016