nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Lorspeaker
    [i][b]"the Monk Plus. For $5 USD it is an absolute killer..."[/b][/i] thanks Brooko for the review... [b][i]now to wait for my Monk+ to arrive :P[/i][/b]
    Lorspeaker, Apr 25, 2016
  2. fleasbaby
    ...Glad to see your notes on initial bass impressions match mine. I know its controversial, but burn-in appeared to help. Once I passed about 100 hours, things seemed to get better. The bass appeared to remain lean and accurate, the way I like it, but got deeper...   Be interested to see if the same thing happens to you.
  3. Brooko
    Thanks guys.  Afraid I'm not a burn-in proponent. If burn-in does virtually nothing for a Q701 (Innerfidelity data) with those huge drivers, I can't see how it will help the tiny drivers in the Asura.  They don't have a mechanical spider to break-in like a regular speaker. And positioning in ear will change frequency response more than any supposed burn-in ever could.  They haven't changed for me in 3 months of use. As always though YMMV - and if you believe in burn-in, it can't do any harm :)
    Brooko, Apr 25, 2016
  4. fleasbaby
    I'm on the fence about it. Could be the earbuds, could be my brain...who knows. They are damn nice earbuds, nonetheless.
  5. Brooko
    Agree on that - what are you using for covers?
    Brooko, Apr 25, 2016
  6. fleasbaby
    HieGi full foams...
  7. waynes world
    Wonderful and informative review as usual!
    waynes world, Apr 25, 2016
  8. fairx
    With all these VE review lately, can't wait to receive my Monk plus. hmm could be a gateway bud addict
    fairx, Apr 28, 2016
  9. bolmeteus
    Excellent review! Now I know how well the asura2 compares to the Zen2.
    bolmeteus, May 1, 2016
  10. waynes world
    Waiting patiently for that Monk+ review lol!
    waynes world, May 3, 2016
  11. iano
    Very detailed and informative review as usual, and for earbuds in particular i find the 'fit' section covering the different foam covers and ear adapters additionally useful. I often read Brooko's reviews even on items I am not really interested in, becasue they are so informative
    iano, May 16, 2016
  12. Fred-svv
    [user=170914]@Brooko[/user], I have an Monk Plus (but without the Full foam that you recommend for them), but I have the opportunity to take an Asura 2. Do you think that the Asura is a big step up from the Monk Plus? Is worth for the value? Thanks!!
    Fred-svv, Jul 26, 2016
  13. Brooko
    For my preferences - yes, although you can have most of the VE line match your personal preferences simply by playing around with cover and fin combos. I just like the Asura 2's transitions through the mid-range a little better.  I'm also one of the guys who actually prefer the original Monk to the Monk Plus.  The pinnacle though (if you really like the Asura 2) will eb the Zen 2.  They are a very special earbud.   So I guess it will depend on your budget.  If funds are tight - then get yourself an expansion pack, and play with combos to get ideal signature. If you have disposable income and want an upgrade to the Monk Plus - the Ausra 2 represents that next step for me.
    Brooko, Jul 27, 2016