nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Sonic Defender
    Thank you for the nice review, and the format is very readable and certainly user friendly. I have recently purchased an ifi iDSD Micro and I concur with your impressions such as they can be compared. Cheers.
    Sonic Defender, Apr 21, 2016
  2. Bansaku
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Great review.! I have to mention the buzzing. I had two iCAN SEs. My first one had buzzing, so thinking it was a defect iFi exchanged it. The buzzing went away but then reappeared in the replacement unit. Shortly there after the iPOWER died. So in the mean time I am using a 12V 2A power supply brick unit from a hard drive enclosure and the buzzing has yet to come back. In fact, even at high gain with the brick unit there is ZERO noise, just pure blackness. I think there was a bad run with the iPOWERs, or a flaw for North American users (our power vs the UK's). Once my replacement iPower arrives I will know more.
    Bansaku, Apr 21, 2016
  3. Bansaku
    Great review.! I have to mention the buzzing. I had two iCAN SEs. My first one had buzzing, so thinking it was a defect iFi exchanged it. The buzzing went away but then reappeared in the replacement unit. Shortly there after the iPOWER died. So in the mean time I am using a 12V 2A power supply brick unit from a hard drive enclosure and the buzzing has yet to come back. In fact, even at high gain with the brick unit there is ZERO noise, just pure blackness. I think there was a bad run with the iPOWERs, or a flaw with the adaptor plugs for non-UK residence. Once my replacement iPower arrives I will know more.
    Bansaku, Apr 21, 2016
  4. Vanquished
    I also experienced buzzing noise, with 9v HDD PSU it's gone. My iPower also died, I'm waiting for the replacement. Anyway - SE sounds great and the review is great.
    Vanquished, Apr 22, 2016
  5. thatonenoob
    [user=180560]@Sonic Defender[/user] iDSD is really nice...something that I hope to perhaps to get in the future.  Glad to hear that the format worked as well.   [user=390650]@Bansaku[/user] Thanks for the heads up... it may indeed be something wrong with the iPower.     [user=89629]@Vanquished[/user] Seems like this is indeed a recurring problem.  A bad run as Bansaku said may be the cause.  Glad that you liked the iCAN -great little device.
    thatonenoob, Apr 22, 2016
  6. Uberclocked
    Are you sure the iCan SE outputs >4000 mW @ 16 ohms?
    Uberclocked, Apr 22, 2016
  7. Uberclocked
    Jeez, it does.  That's crazy amounts of power.
    Uberclocked, Apr 22, 2016
  8. Bansaku
    [user=405267]@Uberclocked[/user] That's what [url=http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/micro-ican-se/]iFi claims[/url].
    Bansaku, Apr 22, 2016
  9. thatonenoob
    [user=405267]@Uberclocked[/user] - yup it can do that.  Whether it is necessary...depends on user I suppose.
    thatonenoob, Apr 22, 2016
  10. jinxy245
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    A very enjoyable review...I like the style. Flow is an accurate descriptor...I felt like you were able to give a lot of info without feeling overwhelmed. This amp is on my list (this, the Grace Massdrop, Mojo & JDS Element are all under consideration)   Thanks!!
    jinxy245, Apr 23, 2016
  11. jinxy245
    A very enjoyable review...I like the style. Flow is an accurate descriptor...I felt like you were able to give a lot of info without feeling overwhelmed. This amp is on my list (this, or if I want to go DAC as well, the Micro IDSD, the Grace Massdrop, Mojo & JDS Element are all under consideration)
    jinxy245, Apr 23, 2016
  12. thatonenoob
    [user=346809]@jinxy245[/user] glad to hear that it worked.  You could also try the Centrance dacMini for a DAC/Amp combo as well.
  13. LajostheHun
    Thanks, I'm a big fan of these, I have the original Ican and I couldn't be happier with them. Yes the 3d holographic circuit is a huge boon here, and it is engaged all the time for me. Never noticed any noise but then again I don't have any IEMs as I don't like them for comfort reasons.
    LajostheHun, Apr 25, 2016
  14. thatonenoob
    [user=396141]@LajostheHun[/user] Very glad to hear that you like the iCAN.  It's really nice. I suspect noise is coming from the iPower (unconfirmed).
  15. thatonenoob
    Okay I read that wrong - I thought you meant the buzzing.  Sorry.  Noise wise there is some on certain IEMs.  Not that I'd use them with an amp regularly anyways though.
  16. jinxy245
    [user=406400]@thatonenoob[/user] Thanks for that...the Centrance does look interesting... I haven't read enough about it...and the Apogee Groove is supposed to be good.   *Sigh*   I have a little more reading to do!   Thanks again
    jinxy245, Apr 25, 2016
  17. mtr1
    Just bought SE version. I have wondered about one thing. Is anyone else noticed that right channel is silent until you turn volume louder? If you turn volume off and then start to turn it up, I hear music first from the left channel of the headphones. Should this amp work like this or is it somekind malfunction? I have Sennheiser HD650 headphones.
    mtr1, May 13, 2016
  18. Bansaku
    [user=451826]@mtr1[/user] This is common on virtually all analogue volume potentiometers, and is nothing to worry about.
    Bansaku, May 13, 2016
  19. mtr1
    Ok, thank you. I thought that it would be something like that.
    mtr1, May 13, 2016
  20. mtr1
    I have to return to my problem with the SE amp (left channel plays louder than right). It troubled me so much, that I told about this to retailer and he asked about this problem from Ifi Audio. Ifi was interested to get this faulty unit and I got the new one. And, yes, this new one sounds like it should. Retailer thought that problem is in gain adjusment switches or something like that. I hope that I get also the answer, what was wrong in the amp I first got. And sorry my english, not my native language.
    mtr1, May 25, 2016
  21. Pharmaboy
    I recently sold my iCan, only because I had too many amps & something had to go. Still, I was impressed with the competence, flexibility, and portability of this amp, particularly at its low price point. The tone adjustments IMO were "icing on the cake" -- I ended up not using either (I'd rather get bass from the headphone's design than an amp circuit or EQ; and I really didn't hear much diffence w/the 3D control), but it's nice to have them. I see the iCan as a killer entry-level HP amp. You have to spend 2-3X its cost to really move up in sound quality.
    Pharmaboy, Aug 29, 2016