nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. yc1204
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Although, I agree people will have different opinions regarding sound quality. However, your impression are totally different from others and totally different from what I heard. Recessed mid? Vanquished bass? Are you kidding me? I highly doubt wether you even heard this headphone or not.   The LCD4 is another league above the LCD-X. This review you didn't mention what amp/DAC you used to power it, also not willing to compare it to other headphones, all of the points I seen here is your own opinion.    No offence, but I will take this review as BS and I will highly recommend everyone who interested in this headphone, hear it before you trust on this review.    Regards Yan
  2. yc1204
    Although, I agree people will have different opinions regarding sound quality. However, your impression are totally different from others and totally different from what I heard. Recessed mid? Vanquished treble? Are you kidding me? I highly doubt wether you even heard this headphone or not.   The LCD4 is another league above the LCD-X. This review you didn't mention what amp/DAC you used to power it, also not willing to compare it to other headphones, all of the points I seen here is your own opinion.    No offence, but I will take this review as BS and I will highly recommend everyone who interested in this headphone, hear it before you trust on this review.    Regards Yan
  3. taffy2207
    "No offence, but I will take this review as BS" No offence, huh? lol   It's his opinion, don't like it, move along.   He's entitled to his opinion, you're entitled to yours.
    taffy2207, Apr 3, 2016
  4. draytonklammer
    I agree with yc1204.
    draytonklammer, Apr 3, 2016
  5. xp9433
    Like any review, it should have foundation, context, and texture. I discount any reviewer who doesn't include details like these below: (that includes reviewers like Tyll who never list 2, 3, 4)   1. Where did the review take place - home, show, dealer, friend's place .... 2. Timeframe of review, over what period, including details of break-in period if new, etc. 3. Associated equipment used in the review - DAC, amp/s, cables etc. 4. Specific music/tracks used that highlight the descriptions/conclusions made, that readers can check out for themselves.   Psalmanazar partially covered item 4, but missed the rest. How about an update Psalmanazar?
    xp9433, Apr 3, 2016
  6. Sethivict
    I heard LCD 4 and must admit that I agree with [user=433497]Psalmanazar[/user] completely. But again vanquished treble is what all Audeze headphones have. Can't believe they charge so much for those headphones considering the failure rate they have, just like LCD 3.
    Sethivict, Apr 3, 2016
  7. Sonic Defender
    The 4 suffers from failure rates like the 3? That is a real bummer and why up to now I would never purchase an LCD 3 despite really wanting to on a few occasions. Rather sad if this is true.
    Sonic Defender, Apr 3, 2016
  8. yc1204
    The treble of LCD4 is not perfect, extension are not as lean as the HD800s, but its still very pleased and i definetely would not call it "VANQUISHED" treble. The failure rate of LCD3 is aweful. But this has been highly improved in the new 200ohm LCD4.
  9. BugAss
    "The LCD4 succeeds in pleasantly rendering the brutal cymbals of Blasphemy's Fallen Angel of Doom"... I choked on my coffee! Although you're right about the cymbals,
    BugAss, Apr 4, 2016
  10. swannie007
    You don't like the reviewers opinion, to which they are entitled without ridicule, then step up and post yours. It takes time and effort to post a review and it is just an opinion expressed. We should be thankful that there are people willing to do the review and post their findings for the rest of us to consider.
    swannie007, Apr 4, 2016
  11. BugAss
    I don't have a problem with his opinion whatsoever. I just found his choice of "Fallen Angel of Doom" funny. I guess you need to know the album he's talking about to understand the joke. Although he's actually right bc rendering the cymbals on that record smooth is a feat.
    BugAss, Apr 4, 2016
  12. Sethivict
    Exactly, yc1204. In the "NEW" 200 ohms diaphram with a "different" sound than "original" LCD4. They force people into a different sound because the original diaphram fails. Let us see in half an year how the "new" fares.
    Sethivict, Apr 4, 2016
  13. AbdullaSaleh
    I like this review ,Thank you .
    AbdullaSaleh, Apr 4, 2016
  14. glassmonkey
    I heard the LCD4 out of the Questyle CMA600i and feel this reviewers comments are accurate. I found it lacking in lower end detail, and that the treble just disappeared on Hotel California. I really disliked the sound, but I'm open to a new listen on different equipment. Since the CMA600i is very neutral and has about 2W of power, it should be able to drive these and show what they really sound like, but maybe it doesn't. I just know that the Ethers on was awesome and the oBravo EAMT-3A ($2000) IEM sounded way way way, I can keep going, way better.
    glassmonkey, Jul 30, 2016
  15. grizzlybeast
    whoah this has the exact opposite of what I treasure most. What a pity. LCD-X is prob the most 'visceral' in the line up then.
    grizzlybeast, Aug 30, 2016
  16. Gamergtx260
    I understand everyone is entitled to their opinions and heres mine, I totally disagree. Seems like it was written after a 5 min listen without giving details on the setup and maybe he likes a more neutral headphone.
    Gamergtx260, Nov 19, 2016