nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Koolpep
    Yep - I feel exactly the same. I had the Mojo for a few days and to be honest. If I didn't have the micro, I would have bought it right away, but if you already have the micro - update to FW 5.1 and enjoy it, mojo doesn't add that much in comparison. The micro is still one of the best value item I have bought in my audiophile journey so far.
    Koolpep, Apr 1, 2016
  2. Podster
    Very nice review Alex, I've never really read anything negative about this unit and Koolpep confirms my belief that other than size it can stand with the Mojo. Great detailed read;-)
    Podster, Apr 1, 2016
  3. moedawg140
    Awesome review, Alex!  Glad you are enjoying the Micro iDSD.  I thoroughly enjoy the Micro iCAN SE - the 3D and especially the XBass switches really add another dimension to IEMs/headphones!
    moedawg140, Apr 1, 2016
  4. Hawaiibadboy
    Great review. I already told you via PM if they stuff this into a Mojo sized container I'd buy it in a second. love the item and love the company and community. Lots of win with iFi!
    Hawaiibadboy, Apr 1, 2016
  5. Criss969
    Superb review! I wonder if Porsche is going to have a problem with that turbo font xD
    Criss969, Apr 1, 2016
  6. senorx12562
    Had this for a little over a year, and miss it a lot. Had to sell it due to money woes, but every single day wish i still had it.
    senorx12562, Apr 1, 2016
  7. Brooko
    It's been my main desktop dac/amp for a year now.  Never looked back.  Not looking for a replacement. Great review Alex.
    Brooko, Apr 1, 2016
  8. gr8soundz
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    gr8soundz, Apr 1, 2016
  9. gr8soundz
    Great review. Very thorough and engaging to read. You reaffirmed everything I love about the Micro. Glad to hear the iPurifier 2 improves beyond the the built-in IP too.
    gr8soundz, Apr 1, 2016
  10. howdy
    Great review Alex! I love this thing paired with the DX80 and my PM3s with 256gb of high res in it is a great combo. For anyone comparing to Mojo they are both great and I reviewed the Mojo and ended up buying this. I would not hesitate to buy the Mojo either, but stating my preference was for the Micro first.
    howdy, Apr 1, 2016
  11. RedJohn456
    Fantastic review as always Alex :)  Found a local deal recently where someone was selling the iDSD micro for 400 CDN. I am kicking myself for not picking it up, esp after reading this review!
    RedJohn456, Apr 1, 2016
  12. Canyon Runner
    Great review, Alex!
    Canyon Runner, Apr 1, 2016
  13. Herueyes
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    A great pairing are the SoundMagix HP100's and the iDSD Micro... I was using my friends iDSD Micro at work and for $400 you can't beat it.... I would put it up there right next to if not on par with the Chord Hugo... I got the Hugo instead of the iDSD 'cause it was a great deal... I figured I could always resell the Hugo and get an iDSD Micro. & I just love the way the Apple CCK fits right in there... The iDSD Micro with an iPhone 6 (128gb) along with the Onkyo App is a match made in heaven... I could never see myself paying full retail for a Chord Hugo... not after listening to the iDSD Micro... NEVER!!!!!! My friend has the nano and the micro. The nano is out of it's league compared to the Hugo but that Micro... I really need to do some more comparisons at home and not at work...too many distractions. BTW nice review... ;-D
    Herueyes, Apr 2, 2016
  14. Herueyes
    A great pairing are the SoundMagic HP100's and the iDSD Micro... I was using my friends iDSD Micro at work and for $400 you can't beat it.... I would put it up there right next to if not on par with the Chord Hugo... I got the Hugo instead of the iDSD 'cause it was a great deal... I figured I could always resell the Hugo and get an iDSD Micro. & I just love the way the Apple CCK fits right in there... The iDSD Micro with an iPhone 6 (128gb) along with the Onkyo App is a match made in heaven... I could never see myself paying full retail for a Chord Hugo... not after listening to the iDSD Micro... NEVER!!!!!! My friend has the nano and the micro. The nano is out of it's league compared to the Hugo but that Micro... I really need to do some more comparisons at home and not at work...too many distractions. BTW nice review... ;-D
    Herueyes, Apr 2, 2016
  15. cjs001
    Whelp, my experience of the Amp/DACs are as follows:   Chord Hugo TT > ... > Aurender Flow > Chord Hugo > iFi Micro > iFi Nano > ... > Chord Mojo   >...> means a decent amount of improvement between the gears.   The Aurender Flow and Hugo are quite close in terms of sonic quality, but I liked the smoother sound of the Flow over the more energetic Hugo and the Aurender has a more practical interface than the Hugo. Needless to say, the Hugo TT is completely on a league of it's own. Pity it didn't have speaker level output.
    cjs001, Apr 2, 2016
  16. fiascogarcia
    Wow!  Incredibly thorough and well written review.  I appreciated your observation that there are those of us that prefer to set up our systems in comfortable locations, then move them or put them away when we desire.  Transportable units serve the purpose.
    fiascogarcia, Apr 3, 2016
  17. proedros
    whata a great review , i am intrigued abd this looks like a better pick than mojo (which i will never buy, ever since I encountered their totally rude/arrogant remarks about where i live) great write up
    proedros, Apr 3, 2016
  18. Aerosphere
    Awesome! Thanks
    Aerosphere, Apr 5, 2016
  19. Sonic Defender
    Just picked my Micro up today and I am using it to see how well my Bluetooth headphones do with wired connections. Really liking the Micro so far. Great review, and I especially appreciate the tip about power on the Micro before source connection. Good to know as my OTG cable for my G3 is still inbound so I'll be prepared now to avoid battery drain from the G3. Cheers.
    Sonic Defender, Apr 8, 2016
  20. James Cygnus
    Anyone else experience a power on "pop"?  Have the black label version and wondering if this is normal/expected..
    James Cygnus, Jan 27, 2017