nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Sonic Defender
    Wow, excellent review Paul, you really got to the heart of the sound. I agree almost completely with perhaps a few minor "interpretation" differences. You have inspired me to try a review, but I have so much writing to do with school that I'm not sure I can. I also e-mailed XTZ and suggested the same thing, except I suggested they move to a bigger driver as well (45-50mm). Awesome review, I'm about to start playing mine now! Thanks for suggesting these to me, one of my better purchases in audio when I think about value to cost.
    Sonic Defender, Feb 24, 2016
  2. peter123
    Great review Paul. After my recent experience with the XTZ app I really appreciated reading about yours as well. The Divinie sounds like a great pair of BT headphones.  As for the number of setting in the Android app I did get six different on it with the Earphone Sports so might just be a glitch as you said.
    peter123, Feb 25, 2016
  3. 1wyseman
    My next BT Headphone purchase. (Just have to catch my breath after this month's addition of the M&D MW60's. And the hoard keeps growing...)   Thanks for the excellent review.
    1wyseman, Feb 25, 2016
  4. Brooko
    Thanks gents - the tech involved is really excellent, and I'm looking foward to see what else they come up with for the future!
  5. castleofargh
    nice review, I mostly agree. I'm not sure your measurement is a good idea though. or add a few other headphones for reference, because it's very misleading compared to some usual headphone measurements. you do warn people and explain well enough, but if I knew nothing about this headphone and saw your graph, you wouldn't have spend any time reading the rest ^_^. it's one scary graph. (did you mean to show twice the same?) I'll post a review too in a week or 2, because I also believe that for the price this little guy has a lot to offer(for people into BT).
    castleofargh, Feb 25, 2016
  6. Brooko
    I thought I explained the graph reasonably well.  I don't have a dummy head, its raw data, and if measuring full sized headphones, I always get a 4-5 kHz spike because its a set-up not optimised for full sized.  The two graphs were slightly different - one is elongated to match XTZ's measurements more fully.  I might take my first one out.  I don't see how I can explain it any better than I have, and I can't see it as misleading anyone.
  7. Giogio
    Well, I made them a long list of what they should implement in the future. Including EQ on the App, Crossfeed, and other things. I may post it in the discussion thread so people can comment. Actually it would be good to collect people's feature requests. I have the 6 dsp setting on my Android App. May it depend on the version of your Android? Did you uninstall and re-install the app?
    Giogio, Feb 25, 2016
  8. Brooko
    I have a feeling it is maybe the Fiio X7's optimisation or screen size.  It's running 4.4.4 I think.  I know the screenshots for smartphones show very similar set-up to the iOS.  It's probably just the X7 not playing nice.
  9. Sonic Defender
    I also suggested they implement gapless playback on the app, it isn't there for Android anyway. They seemed surprised at the notion of gapless playback. I used the example of Pink Floyd The Wall why we require gapless!
    Sonic Defender, Feb 25, 2016
  10. goody
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Great review i concur with everything you wrote plus Giogio had a great review some time ago ..i wonder what drivers they use? I put my pair up for sale in the sales forum ...i am having second thoughts about selling them now !!
    goody, Feb 26, 2016
  11. goody
    Great review i concur with everything you wrote Giogio had a good review of these a while back...I wonder what drivers they use? i have a suspicion it might be the Fidelio M2BT ones i might be wrong though..I put mine up for sale in the sales threads i am having seconds thoughts about selling them now .
    goody, Feb 26, 2016
  12. avitron142
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    "I already hinted at how good the M05 looked when in its packaging" - you mean the Divine?   Two quick questions:   How did the battery life of the X7 fare with the XTZ app? I know other apps drain it faster, and it would be good to know if the XTZ app had the same effect.   And with the XTZ app on android, you can choose a folder for it to shuffle through? I'm a bit afraid on the app part, since I don't have a smartphone at the moment (only the J3 for bluetooth, perhaps I'll use my pc as well). Just trying to clarify, since you did say that for the iPhone it went straight through iTunes. Was that manually or automatically?
    avitron142, Feb 26, 2016
  13. avitron142
    "I already hinted at how good the M05 looked when in its packaging" - did you mean the Divine?   Two quick questions:   How did the battery life of the X7 fare with the XTZ app? I know other apps drain it faster, and it would be good to know if the XTZ app had the same effect.   And with the XTZ app on android, can you choose a folder for it to play through? I'm a bit afraid on the app part, since I don't have a smartphone at the moment (only the J3 and my tablet for bluetooth). Just trying to clarify, since you did say that for the iPhone it went straight through iTunes. Was that manually or automatically?
    avitron142, Feb 26, 2016
  14. castleofargh
    my reserve about the measure is that on it's own it means nothing. it would need a reference curve or another graph of another headphone to give some kind of perspective. with the IEMs you have provided plenty of other IEMs to compare one with another and "understand" what the graphs mean.   about all the requests from people for android features, most cool things to do on android would require root, and they seem to think that it would be too much to ask of the average Joe. that being said I mailed them asking pretty much the same features half a month ago ^_^.
    castleofargh, Feb 26, 2016
  15. Brooko
    It's not on its own though - it is mentioned with the XTZ graphs and the commentary is in direct relation to their graphs. I even resized mine so that it would be an easier comparison. I don't know why there is a fixation on this. It is explained clearly (to me anyway)
    Brooko, Feb 26, 2016
  16. Brooko
    Hi Avi - definitely whenever I use Bluetooth with the X7, it chews through available life more quickly.  Does it with the iPhone 5S also.  I haven't measured it, but I'd hazard a guess at maybe 15-20% faster.  One of the costs of using Bluetooth I guess, but the added freedom you get is (IMO anyway) worth it.  With the Android app there is the option of browsing by folders (its in the settings part).  And sorry - should have been clearer - it integrates with the iOS library )doesn't use iTunes as such).
    Brooko, Feb 26, 2016
  17. avitron142
    Ah, alright. Thanks!
    avitron142, Feb 27, 2016
  18. RockStar2005
    Brooko,    Looks pretty cool! Only cons I see are that the $199 version with DIRAC is only great if you use the PC/MAC DSP version (with the Reference filter)? And are these on-ear?    Thanks!
    RockStar2005, Feb 29, 2016
  19. Brooko
    Yes - they are supra-aural.  They are Bluetooth headphones, and sound fantastic even without the software engaged.  But with the DIRAC DSP software engaged, they lift another notch.  I haven't used the PC/MAC software - just the Android and iOS apps (the review above covers a lot of it).  If you need to know more - feel free to PM me or drop by the Divine thread (guys like Gio and SD will also be able to help)
    Brooko, Feb 29, 2016
  20. Giogio
    Yes, I think the Discussion Thread is a better place for in-depth questions. Anyway you do not need to buy them with the Dirac DAP. The 199$ (or 190 Euro) is the price including the DAP for PC/MAC. If you plan to use them only with Android/iOS you can buy them without DAP. But if you have a PC/MAC and use it to listen to music, you will be glad you've bought the DAP.   Avitron, the folder browser is only a bit limited in this moment on Android, if you have your music on an SD card. In that case, all the subfolders are mixed together in alphabetic order. They are supposedly fixing this.
    Giogio, Feb 29, 2016
  21. RockStar2005
    Giogio,   Yeah I just found that out after posting here. And the non-PC/MAC version is cheaper too ($179).    That's cool. Thanks for the info! I'm just researching for other people really.
    RockStar2005, Feb 29, 2016
  22. RedJohn456
    Fantastic review Paul! Really surprised to see a wireless headphone sounding so good. Is is possible to use the DSP app with streaming apps such as spotify and the like?   Also gotta say the photographs look really mint, new camera gear? Awesome :)
    RedJohn456, Mar 1, 2016
  23. Brooko
    Thanks Tamal - Unfortunately I can't see how you could use it streaming.  You could download the content for off-site play though and then use it.  And it's still the same old Canon EOS Rebel T3.  Just getting a little more adept at using it (slowly).  I'd love to be able to spend a little more and get an auto correcting white balance - but for now I just do it manually and hope I get it right :)
    Brooko, Mar 4, 2016
  24. recondude
    Just wanted to say thank you for such an excellent review (and to Giogio also). XTZ are out of stock but I managed to pick up the last pair from the UK dealer Epic Cinema. I'm really impressed with the Divines. Using them with an LG G3 (aptx) and primarily the Qobuz streaming app and the synergy with this set up is superb. I think I must have similar ears to you as I can equate to the HD600 reference in your review (and other reviews such as the DN2000J). Thanks again.
    recondude, Mar 22, 2016
  25. Brooko
    Thanks for the kind wors.  I'm eagerly awaiting XTZ's next step - as if they can come up with a similarly tuned over-ear, I'm sold.
    Brooko, Mar 22, 2016
  26. trellus
    These headphones would be on my immediate buy list [i][b]if[/b][/i] the DSP settings (and EQ would be nice, too) could actually set by the app and "stick" as the config for the headphone amp in the headphones themselves, as you can do with the JBL Elite 300 and Elite 700 headphones' app -- you are using the app to actually control the EQ settings on the headphone, and so long as you are using them in Bluetooth mode, these settings hold no matter what app you are using, so it works for Spotify, YouTube, anything whatsoever.
    trellus, Apr 28, 2016
  27. Brooko
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Good idea - hopefully XTZ look at it down the track. Without the actual app engaged, they still sound pretty darm good though.  it's just that the app takes things to another level.  Must try the JBLs if I get the chance.
    Brooko, Apr 28, 2016
  28. Brooko
    Good idea - hopefully XTZ look at it down the track. Without the actual app engaged, they still sound pretty darn good though.  it's just that the app takes things to another level.  Must try the JBLs if I get the chance.
    Brooko, Apr 28, 2016
  29. anotherscott
    Trellus, I think what you're asking is impossible in this design, because as I understand it, there is no DSP in the headphones themselves. So the app isn't merely manipulating settings for the headphones, rather the app is actually doing all the digital processing and sending the final audio to the headphones. By contrast, the JBL Everest (and, I guess, any headphone with noise canceling) has a DSP built into the headphones themselves, so the processing can be done there instead of in your phone or whatever.
    anotherscott, Oct 28, 2016