nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. flinkenick
    Expertly written, you are a genius when it comes to technical listening.
    flinkenick, Feb 23, 2016
  2. ozziecook
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Nice comparisons and great technical know how. Not sure my experiences of Solar are the same but mine are Unis. A lot depends on fit/tip.
    ozziecook, Feb 23, 2016
  3. ozziecook
    Nice comparisons and great technical know how. Not sure my experiences of Solar are the same, but mine are Unis - and a lot depends on fit/tip...and source.
    ozziecook, Feb 23, 2016
  4. MikePortnoy
    Thank you guys. I appreciate.    [user=417499]@ozziecook[/user] Well, I got some infos/PMs about it and I think that universal has less prominent mid-bass presentation. The bass quantity difference probably depends on tips and insertion depth as you said.
    MikePortnoy, Feb 23, 2016
  5. proedros
    great review , very helpful
    proedros, Feb 23, 2016
  6. MikePortnoy
    My pleasure mate.
    MikePortnoy, Feb 23, 2016
  7. noanoa7
    How different are UM Mentor and Solar? In particular, vocal sound.
    noanoa7, Feb 23, 2016
  8. MikePortnoy
    I don't have Mentor anymore. But from what I remember, I can say that Mentor is a little thin sounding unit. Solar has more body.
    MikePortnoy, Feb 24, 2016
  9. Kerouac
    Great (detailed) review! You must have some kinda ''bat ears'' to hear all these nuances. And besides that, I think it takes quite some writing skills to be able to put that in words like you do (I know I certainly can't) => respect!
    Kerouac, Feb 24, 2016
  10. MikePortnoy
    Thank you Erik, I appreciate your comments and kind words :)  Everybody uses different definitions..
    MikePortnoy, Feb 24, 2016
  11. PinkyPowers
    I can't wait to get my Customs and see how they compare to your impressions. Thanks for the review.
    PinkyPowers, Feb 28, 2016
  12. BenHolmes
    How would you compare the w500 to the solar? I found the w500 bass quantity too much, do you find the solar has a similar eq?
    BenHolmes, Mar 4, 2016
  13. MikePortnoy
    [user=419286]@PinkyPowers[/user] Hope you enjoy your Solar :)   [user=426055]@BenHolmes[/user] In fact both have a slight low frequency dominance, but W500's midbass sounds closer to your ears when compared to Solar. In this regard, W500 may seem to have a little bassier presentation.
    MikePortnoy, Mar 4, 2016
  14. BenHolmes
    Cheers Mike. I may have to try before I buy in that case! Great review, once again. Cheers
    BenHolmes, Mar 4, 2016
  15. MikePortnoy
    My pleasure mate. Thank you.
    MikePortnoy, Mar 4, 2016
  16. tranhieu
    Any comparison with the TG334? The sound signature seems similar in some regards.
    tranhieu, Mar 7, 2016
  17. MikePortnoy
    Sorry, haven't heard 334 yet mate.
    MikePortnoy, Mar 8, 2016