nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Whataudiophile
    Dude, great review! I have been waiting for this.
    Whataudiophile, Feb 21, 2016
  2. ozkan
    Well I have the Monk and Zen 2.0 but imo they don't have similar sound signatures. Monk is fuller with way better bass and sub-bass and Zen 2.0 lacks bass too much and has thinner mids. Is this normal Peter? They aren't even close and I  cannot find the same excitement I get from the Monk. Monk sounds like a dynamic earbud while Zen 2.o is like an armature based.   Btw, I use my Zen 2.0 naked and Monk with Donuts. Honestly I cannot see the Zen 2.0 as an overall upgrade to the Monk. Very different sounding earbuds.
  3. ozkan
    Great review btw!
  4. peter123
    Thank you guys!   [user=346841]@ozkan[/user] , I obviously feel different about Monk vs Zen. Many factors can be the reason though: using foams on the Monk's makes them too dark for my liking. How you fit them in the ear will also change the sound (especially XZen is sensetive to this in my opinion). I do not share your impression tha the Monk has more bass than the Zen 2.0 if both is naked. Putting the foam on will always give a darker and more bassy sound in my opinion. As always YMMV
    peter123, Feb 21, 2016
  5. B9Scrambler
    Nice review! Loving my Monks. Will need to upgrade to the Asura 2.0 or Zen 2.0 at some point.
    B9Scrambler, Feb 21, 2016
  6. ozkan
    I'm comparing Monk with donuts and Zen 2.0 naked as Zen 2.0 with foams is too warm and veiled. It is like listening through walls on Zen 2.0. YMMW. But I'm not sure whether I can power them or not. For the record I'm pairing the Zen 2.0 with Xduoo X3, Hidizs Ap100 and Topping Nx1.
  7. yacobx
    Great write up!
    yacobx, Feb 21, 2016
  8. Lorspeaker
    Now i know where to place my chips, thanks to peter :-)
    Lorspeaker, Feb 21, 2016
  9. Decommo
    Thank you so much. It is now very clear the difference among Monk, Asura and Zen. I will stick to Monk and explore other earbuds such as Mr Z Musicmaker Ting and Ostry KC08. :)
    Decommo, Feb 23, 2016
  10. montinue
    so i have monk, zen (not zen 2.0) and previous version asura... how about comparison with previous asura or previous zen?
    montinue, Feb 24, 2016
  11. rechtkid
    any comparison to asura beta version?
    rechtkid, Feb 29, 2016
  12. rechtkid
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    any comparison to asura beta version?
    rechtkid, Feb 29, 2016