nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Ultrainferno
    Yeah... no. Can't say I agree here :)
    Ultrainferno, Feb 18, 2016
  2. shigzeo
    Bluetooth FTW?
    shigzeo, Feb 18, 2016
  3. Westerborn
    It's always good to see the other side of the coin. I'm intrigued as I've managed to stay fairly neutral on the X7 (unlike the X3ii which I fanboy-ed gladly). Bluetooth is something that I'm interested in so who knows, could be a sneaky winner!
    Westerborn, Feb 18, 2016
  4. Hawaiibadboy
    I thought the X7 was far ahead of the X5 and it's 2nd ver in U.I. by a mile and by quite a bit in sound. That said, I knew within a day I would never buy the X7. Raised glass, too small a screen and felt like an e12 amp with a screen. Love FiiO but I thought this was way over priced in Japan.
    Hawaiibadboy, Feb 18, 2016
  5. angelo898
    [user=389304]@Hawaiibadboy[/user] well the x5ii may be less flashy in UI in a more conventional sense since it looks like an ancient ipod, but it never did crash on me, choosing to remain stable for the short period of time that i was fervently using it due to how much i enjoyed it
    angelo898, Feb 18, 2016
  6. Joe Bloggs
    Thanks for your impressions. We will endeavour to improve the firmware to be more stable and fully featured The app crashes need to be looked into, but since these prototype tour units differ from production units slightly in hardware configuration, we may never be able to tell whether it's a fault of the prototypes. Hmm, I don't recall anybody in the main X7 thread complaining of the FiiO Music app crashing 100% on startup.
    Joe Bloggs, Feb 18, 2016
  7. mikeral
    I think the 'stars' rating of 2 and 'review details" bars in green are in big disagreement ... Perhaps the author is in disagreement with himself ?
    mikeral, Feb 18, 2016
  8. originalsnuffy
    There are 3 star and 3.5 star reviews for this unit.  My rating had more to do with firmware related bugs, I did like the sound quality.
    originalsnuffy, Feb 18, 2016
  9. taffy2207
    He's entitled to his opinion. If you don't like it, suck it up and move along. Given that he prefers the X5ii to the X7, 2 stars seems fair given his opinion of both and the price point of the X7.
    taffy2207, Feb 18, 2016
  10. avitron142
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    [user=433438]@mikeral[/user] As many here know, the green bars are indicative of all the review bars averaged out. It is by no means his assessment of the item.   [user=160781]@angelo898[/user] There are a lot of Fiio fans here, many of which I think may not be so rational. Say an opinion of one of Fiio's products, and very often they'll try to eat you alive, albeit in a polite way.   What I suggest, in my humble opinion, is to not give a darn about them. If you feel a certain way about a product, and can explain why, then by all means do it - hype trains need to be balanced out anyway. If they badger you about it, offer them a picture of the DX80 as an apology ;)
  11. originalsnuffy
    None of the "rebuttals" provided here seem overblown or meanspirited to me.  Am I missing something?
    originalsnuffy, Feb 18, 2016
  12. avitron142
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    [user=98009]@originalsnuffy[/user] Just everyone saying "hey, dropping in, I disagree with you" isn't something that I think I would normally find on other products. I'm not sure why you'd comment what rating you gave it.
  13. avitron142
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    [user=98009]@originalsnuffy[/user] That said, it is pretty polite here. Still, everyone here sneaking in their opinions as if they have to justify the product isn't something I would normally find.
  14. Sonic Defender
    I don't think anybody needs to sneak in their opinions, or justify. The comments section is a valuable thing and I always read them. The review does seem to differ widely from the prevailing opinion on the X7, even when considering the negative feedback. I think this review, while valid of course, is a statistical outlier as they say, valid, but far enough away from the norm that you need to ask what it is that makes it so different. Hell I don't even own an X7, but I have been following it since it was a concept and I know it is not a 2 star product at all.
    Sonic Defender, Feb 19, 2016
  15. angelo898
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    oh ****, i didnt adjust the review detail bars.
    angelo898, Feb 19, 2016
  16. angelo898
    i reckon that the replies here have been pretty polite, despite not wanting to accept my impressions at all. I actually only had the fiio for about a week and I wrote what I believed the fiio sounded like and how the sound is definitely subject to change in the near future. The rest of the items, such as the physical buttons (simple but effective) and actualoperating system are typical of android (simple, easy to use) and did not seem like they needed additional covering (I reckon that people intending to buy the fiio would delve deeper than read the 1 negative review on head fi). The main point of my impressions were to highlight the issues that I faced during my short use of the player and to offer a valid alternative for them to think about instead of the x7
    angelo898, Feb 19, 2016
  17. Hawaiibadboy
    The 2 folks who reviewed most recently got no comments so consider yourself....thought provoking ;)
    Hawaiibadboy, Feb 19, 2016
  18. mikeral
    @[user=420882]taffy2207[/user] Before you tell people to "suck up" you should try to comprehend what they saying - I did not express my like or dislike of his review, I simply stated stars and green bars on the upper right do not agree.   I did not realize until one of the members mentioned that bars represent summary of ALL reviews, not this specific review. Admins should fix that, it is not clear.   [user=442624]@Angelo88[/user] My apologies if I offended you, that was not my intent.
    mikeral, Feb 19, 2016
  19. avitron142
    [user=389304]@Hawaiibadboy[/user] Good observation. I'd agree there.
    avitron142, Feb 19, 2016
  20. RamblerBoy
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    it is sad and funny how difficult it is for members to post a negative review/impression about a hyped product in here. not saying that x7/x3ii/x5ii are hyped products. i see such issues more often these days. "Audiophiles" are getting intolerant, i guess.   [user=160781]@angelo898[/user] nice review. really helpful. thank you.
    RamblerBoy, Feb 21, 2016
  21. RamblerBoy
    it is sad and funny how difficult it is for members to post a negative review/impression about a hyped product in here. not saying that x7/x3ii/x5ii are hyped products. i see such issues more often these days. Audiophiles are getting intolerant, i guess.   [user=160781]@angelo898[/user] nice review. really helpful. thank you.
    RamblerBoy, Feb 21, 2016