nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Don ivey
    If I added a sd card to get more memory, could I fill it with music from the Tidal offline functionality as I can do on my iphone.  The problem is with iphone I only have 16Gb, so not too many songs.
    Don ivey, Jan 20, 2016
  2. chowmein83
    Hi [user=443887]@Don ivey[/user]. Based on what I've read, I don't think you can store Tidal songs offline on the SD card yet. This may be fixed in the future with a firmware update though.
    chowmein83, Jan 20, 2016
  3. chowmein83
    I just noticed that the bars for Audio Quality, Design, etc. aren't what I really meant them to be. Value should have its bar filled while the Design bar should be as full as sound quality.
    chowmein83, Jan 22, 2016
  4. gr8soundz
    Nice review. Thanks for comparing it to the Pioneer and Onkyo. Did Fiio mention when the balanced amp module would be available?
    gr8soundz, Jan 23, 2016
  5. chowmein83
    [user=400729]@gr8soundz[/user] unfortunately Fiio did not give me a date on when the balanced amp module would be available. I imagine it would be soon, because they did have a working prototype at CES 2016 (which ended like two weeks ago).
    chowmein83, Jan 23, 2016
  6. Sonic Defender
    Awesome review, really good read and quite informative. As a DP-X1 owner who was really torn between the Onkyo and the X7 it is nice to know that either way would have resulted in very similar experiences. I'm quite pleased with the DP-X1, but I have no doubt I would have been equally pleased with the X7.
    Sonic Defender, Jan 23, 2016
  7. gearofwar
    [user=400729]@gr8soundz[/user] I don't expect Pioneer to do well but Onkyo's main point is its balanced output with 2 modes, 3 clock modes, 3 filter settings. Therefore, Single-ended output shouldn't be mentioned. I haven't even touched since the day i got it
    gearofwar, Jan 24, 2016
  8. gr8soundz
    [user=344545]@gearofwar[/user] I agree the main point of the Onkyo is it's balanced out. Not buying another player anytime soon unless its a big step up from the handful I already have. Will be keeping an eye on the X7 with balanced amp vs the Onkyo.
    gr8soundz, Jan 24, 2016
  9. Arniesb
    Great review mate!!!
    Arniesb, Jan 24, 2016
  10. kgs51
    I consider this a great review. Best review so far for the X7. I am pleased that I purchased it.
    kgs51, Jan 25, 2016
  11. Arctican
    So far the best and most coherent review of Fiio X7. I salute thee, chowmein83.
    Arctican, Jan 28, 2016
  12. nonobody
    Great review. Big fan of your amp reviews. Looking forward for more future reviews (especially headphones) due to the fact that we have 95% similarity in what we perceived as warm/trebbly/neutral.
    nonobody, Feb 13, 2016
  13. chowmein83
    Thanks for all of your comments, everybody! I have now updated my review with some notes on the new functions included with FW 1.8 (USB DAC, DLNA, some UI changes, etc.).
    chowmein83, Feb 22, 2016