nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. tonglongjeff
    Wonderful review. Very informative and detailed. I can see the passion you have for this unit :D I only just missed out on the drop. But tbh the exchange rate isn't the best time to by this from New Zealand.
    tonglongjeff, Dec 14, 2015
  2. Astral Abyss
    Nice review.  I was so tempted to pick one up during the drop, but I already have too much "stuff" so I restrained myself.  Looks like I should have just gone for it.  Does seem like a great deal, and I have a lot of the same headphones you do... HE-400i, HD650, TH-X00...   Oh, and it's Bifrost...  :-)
    Astral Abyss, Dec 14, 2015
  3. dresam
    Yep. I love mine. It's driven my HD800 so well that I'm thinking of selling off more expensive gear. Sounds great with the Audeze cans, too (LCD-2, LCD-X)
    dresam, Dec 14, 2015
  4. sghound
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    fjrabon is a pro typist.  excellent source.  makes all my cans sound they way they sound. grace is genius.
    sghound, Dec 14, 2015
  5. sghound
    fjrabon is a pro typist.  excellent source.  makes all my cans sound they way they should. grace is genius.
    sghound, Dec 14, 2015
  6. monkey046
    Awesome read. Good work all around.
    monkey046, Dec 14, 2015
  7. chenjy9
    Could this replace my Peachtree DAC-ITx and Burson Soloist combo for my LCD-2 and TH-X00? Thanks!
    chenjy9, Dec 15, 2015
  8. fjrabon
    I can't comment on how it powers the LCD, but with the THX00, without hesitation, yes.  To me it's an ideal amp for the THX00.  When Will from Massdrop was helping to develop the THX00, the m9XX was exactly what he was using.  I think it would have plenty of juice to power your Audeze, but I always hesitate to say without knowing how loud you listen or being able to hear the pairing myself.  The only thing I've found that it won't power well is the HE-6, which, I mean, there's only a handful of amps that really can power that monster correctly. Heck, I think it even powers a DT770 600 ohm well (though some people who prefer to BLAST their music might not love the pairing).
    fjrabon, Dec 15, 2015
  9. Dr4Bob
    I concur entirely with your review, using some of the same headphones you mentioned. I also feel the same way regarding low impedance headphones- "easy to drive" does not mean [i]well[/i] driven. The Fostex TH-X00 are an excellent example of a low impedance can that needs a good amp. It pairs very well with the m9xx and beautifully with tube amps that can deliver adequate current.
    Dr4Bob, Dec 15, 2015
  10. gugman
    what a read ! like I was there ! thanx a lot
    gugman, Feb 2, 2016
  11. nicdub
    Great review.  Really liked your descriptions of the filters.  Thanks!
    nicdub, Mar 5, 2016
  12. dChinChillab
    Great Review! Now I'm actually considering this piece of equipment.
    dChinChillab, Mar 5, 2016
  13. Ventace
    Eh are you sure they can't drive the HE6's well? Like, I've heard they make the K7xx's scale amazingly, and are a perfect match for the HE400i, but there are also claims that it can drive the LCD4's with no shortcomings, and the HD800's. If they can't drive the HE6's should I just avoid them? (I own a pair and my Valhalla kind of got knocked off my counter by my dog)
    Ventace, Sep 28, 2016