nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. maguire
    Hey brooko, nice read & great job on the review mate. As always love ya pics. One Question for ya is this...I have the Titan1, should I get the the T5 also or just too close a sound sig?
    maguire, Nov 29, 2015
  2. Brooko
    Depends on what you're after.  For me it was a logical upgrade -  the added isolation and ability to switch cables so I could wear them over ear.  I personally (for my taste) think it is a sonic upgrade as well.  But its an incremental upgrade from the T1 - not a major upgrade. Whether that is worth it is something only you can answer :)
    Brooko, Nov 29, 2015
  3. rockaphile21
    hey brooko. first, nice review. second, Titan 5 doesn't represent the male vocal very well ? Will it good enough with, let's see, Ian Curtis's baritone vocal ? Thom Yorke, maybe fine ? I listen to Joy Division and Radiohead most of the time. i think i gonna buy a titan next month. i don't know which to choose between Titan 3 or 5.
    rockaphile21, Dec 25, 2015
  4. Brooko
    Personally I think the T5 is fine with male vocals - I just noted that comparatively there is more emphasis on the upper mid-range than lower mid-range. So if you are used to a fuller sound signature, you may find them a little thin/lean.  For my preferences they are perfect. If I was choosing between 3 and 5 - for balance I would always go 5.  I found the 3 just a little fatiguing comparatively - because there is not enough bass. And I am definitely no basshead :)
    Brooko, Dec 25, 2015
  5. TooPoorForHiFi
    Hi I'm gonna jump the gun a bit b4 reading your review, I want to ask you between the Titan 3 & 5 + any other Earphone in its similar price range would be best suited for these kind of music: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hZdyrD38AA#%C2%A0I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hZdyrD38AA# I[/url] don't know what kind of genre is it thou.   Thanks
    TooPoorForHiFi, Dec 30, 2015
  6. TooPoorForHiFi
    4Got to ask, Do you use the "Clone" Sony Isolation tips that was included or the Actual Sony Tips
    TooPoorForHiFi, Dec 30, 2015
  7. Brooko
    Hi MNT Loved that music - thanks for the link.  Of the Titans, for my preference I'd be suggesting the 5's.  The 3's don't capture the deepness and richness of the bass quite as much.  For alternatives in similar price range, I'd suggest Trinity Delta - although I'd probably rate the T5 as a little better. And the isolation tips I use are genuine Sonys.
    Brooko, Dec 30, 2015
  8. TooPoorForHiFi
    Thanks ! Brooko   Some more Questions. Is there a big / noticeable difference in term of sound quality when pairing the T5 w/ FiiO M3 vs T5+X1 ? I placed my order on the T5 and I'm looking for a DAP as well, Can the X1 & M3 be use as a DAC for PC? or is that feature only available for X3 and up models.   Thanks again.
    TooPoorForHiFi, Dec 31, 2015
  9. TooPoorForHiFi
    P.S   I'm having a hard time finding those Sony Hybird Tips, Do you happen to know where I can buy them in Size [L] & [M] ?
    TooPoorForHiFi, Dec 31, 2015
  10. Brooko
    I think sonics are going to defend on preference (X1 vs M3), and then its just a trade-off on features.  The X1 has the more mature UI, higher output, proper line-out, 7 band EQ, and may be just a little more revealing.  M3 is smaller, has longer battery life, but misses out on some of those other key features I mentioned.  I really enjoy both - but no doubt the battery life and portability will be it's biggest features. And neither can be used as stand alone DAC - you'd need the X3ii for that.   [b][url=http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325&tag=headfiorg-20&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.jp%2Fgp%2Fredirect.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26linkCode%3Dur2%26camp%3D1789%26creative%3D9325%26tag%3Dheadfiorg-20%26location%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.amazon.co.jp%252Fs%252Fref%253Dnb_sb_noss%253F__mk_ja_JP%253D%2525E3%252582%2525AB%2525E3%252582%2525BF%2525E3%252582%2525AB%2525E3%252583%25258A%2526url%253Dsearch-alias%25253Daps%2526field-keywords%253DEP-EXN50]I got my Sony Isolation tips from Japan[/url][/b]   I had a friend who sent them over.
    Brooko, Dec 31, 2015
  11. harry501501
    I'm ready to push the button and buy Dn2000s, but having just read your review I'm having second thoughts. Your comparison to the sound signatures of both the TA Deltas and DN2000j individually has me confused.   I love the Deltas, and i love The Titan 1s. Both give me something different and allow me to jump between depending on my preference. I just bought and returned the Titan 3s which I hated tbh. Very congested, no depth, little bass and bend songs out of shape to fit it's midrange preference.   I was after a third IEM that gives me a more analytical and detailed listen. Especially the micro details. I did think the DN2000 might be that very IEM but I don't want to spend £200 and get something that resembles my Deltas too much. i don't like an overly bright sound so I don't think the dn2000j would suit me.   My question is... how similar would you say the Deltas are to the Dn2000 and to the T5? (If too similar, would you suggest another IEM that has a warm sig but great with microdetails and a slight midrange preference).
    harry501501, May 14, 2016
  12. harry501501
    Is should have said i have a budget of £200
    harry501501, May 14, 2016
  13. Brooko
    Harry - I'll reply by PM
    Brooko, May 15, 2016
  14. FoxxMD
    Awesome review!   I would like to get either these or the Fiio EX1s but I'm not sure what level of isolation I want. I want them mainly for work in a quiet office and for riding my bike around the city (I want to be aware of my surroundings). The T5 is more attractive sonically and for the replaceable cable, but the T1 seems like a better fit for my environment. Which pair would you suggest? Exactly how different are their levels of isolation? Thanks!
    FoxxMD, Jun 29, 2016
  15. Brooko
    Both are in essence IEMs (they both seal in your ear with tips) - but the T1 simply has more vent holes.  This means it lets a little more ambient in and also a little more out.  The volume both ways will depend on your surrounding, and also the volume level you are listening at.  It's really hard to comment on what will suit you best - because I'd just be guessing really (not knowing the other factors).  If you tend to listen louder, and like a bit more isolation - get the T5.
    Brooko, Jun 30, 2016