nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Mshenay
    Wait this headphone had a HD 600 sounding "thin"  Yikes, I had the HD 600 an I found it to be a warmer than neutral headphone with a nice organic tilt, an I ran it out of a Audio GD NFB10ES2 running Kernal streaming. Ofc I use my Modded HE 4 as a refferance, either way it sounds like the Omni is still retaining the warm sound that I experinced with the very FIrst Mad Dog back in 2013. Still curious to hear it though
    Mshenay, Nov 27, 2015
  2. Kundi
    You should spotify that list.
    Kundi, Nov 27, 2015
  3. MLegend
    Wow man this was a great read! Thanks for all of the information you included. Great review.
    MLegend, Nov 27, 2015
  4. grizzlybeast
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    [b]From associated thread[/b] [i]"I just wanted to make a comment:[/i] [i]ZMF Omni soundstage is a crap ton larger than the hd650 so I suppose the hd600 comment on soundstage to be different than how I hear them. That's because openness doesn't always equate to a large soundstage. It just means less reverberations from cups but doesn't ensure spatial distance. Also the Omni imaging is among the elite. While its soundstage is big and not huge, it's imaging is very well done at least the Blackwoods are.[/i]   [i]Good review btw... Just couldn't help making that comment. It seems that ppl place every open headphones soundstage as larger than every closed back, and that is inaccurate IMO."[/i]
    grizzlybeast, Nov 27, 2015
  5. imac2much
    Great review!  I had the Soundmagic HP100 also (predecessor of the HP150 with the same sound signature but slightly different cups and cable), and I find your experience similar to my own.  There were times when I enjoyed the HP150 more than my 400i due to its emphasized bass, but in comparison to the Omni it sounds boomy and bloated.  I know I definitely did not think this before (especially when compared to Klipsch and Beats) but it's a testament to the Omni's tight yet articulate sub-bass and mid-bass presence.  The Omni excels in all other areas as you said, though this should be expected at the large price gap.  I still feel that the HP100/150 is a great value for the money, but even my wife who regularly wears Apple Earbuds was quite amazed by the Omni in comparison to my 400i, PM-3 and HP100.
    imac2much, Nov 27, 2015
  6. H20Fidelity
    Excellent review and photos.
    H20Fidelity, Nov 27, 2015
  7. Delayeed
    Wow. What a fantastic review. I'm not even getting these but just kept reading because of the review content. :)
    Delayeed, Feb 26, 2016