nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. puworld
    Can I ask please what might seem a simple question. When selecting an album folder, will it play all the songs on the album, or is it a case that you have to select individually?
    puworld, Nov 21, 2015
  2. Cotnijoe
    [user=437055]@puworld[/user] Are you referring to when you're just browsing through your folders or using the "covers" list that I mentioned in my write up?
    Cotnijoe, Nov 21, 2015
  3. puworld
    Not having one, I don't know lol. I'm focused on the 5k to replace and upgrade a classic iPod 120GB. With the iPod, I select albums, I find the album and hit play and all the songs are auto selected to play in order. Everything I read about the 5k talks about the UI ways to organise music, but no one ever says that selecting a folder will auto select to play all songs within the folder.
    puworld, Nov 21, 2015
  4. Cotnijoe
    Ok so there's an option called "covers" where you can select the album and it will automatically play the album. If you're repeat setting is "sequence" or "repeat playlist" or something like that, it should go in order.   You can also skim through the file by folder, in which case, if you're music is organized by artist and album, you can go into the album file and see each individual file separately.   Hope that helps!
    Cotnijoe, Nov 21, 2015
  5. puworld
    I think so. So the only way to auto play an albums folder of songs one after the other, is to use the 'cover' system? But only if I also apply 'sequence' as my repeat setting. My folders/albums are organized by Artist - Year - Title (inc Vol 01 or CD 01 etc) and then each song/track/file within each folder album is by Track No - Title, unless it's a Various Artist album and then it is Track No - Artist - Title.   I don't use playlists etc. I play an album. So I really need the 5k to 'easily' let me see the folder list, select the folder/album I want to play, and then play all the tracks in order automatically.   Does it do this please?
    puworld, Nov 22, 2015
  6. Cotnijoe
    Yea as long as your folders are well organized. You'll have no issues navigating through the folders.
    Cotnijoe, Nov 23, 2015