nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. HiFiChris
    Any words about audible hiss at [i][b]very[/b][/i] low listening levels? The Ostry is quite hiss-prone, so that should be easy to test.
    HiFiChris, Nov 14, 2015
  2. Hisoundfi
    Did you try changing the gain to control the hissing?
  3. Hisoundfi
    I just tested it, I honestly didn't notice any hissing.
  4. Hisoundfi
    I did however notice a little bit of EMI from time to time with very sensitive earphones. Did you notice this [user=418671]@HiFiChris[/user]?
  5. HiFiChris
    [user=391779]@Hisoundfi[/user] Oh, I don't have an X7, that's why I was asking. :-)
    HiFiChris, Nov 14, 2015
  6. peter123
    Great reviewI It was a really interesting read for me.
    peter123, Nov 14, 2015
  7. Hawaiibadboy
    I got a question and a thumb for you. That EQ pic. Can you tell me what song and IEM that is from? You are pulling down the 62Hz slider.
  8. Hisoundfi
    It wasn't any song in particular. It was just done to show how the EQ adjustments is displayed up top.
  9. Hawaiibadboy
    Gotcha
  10. PinkyPowers
    Not nearly enough on the X7's audio performance. I come away from this review feeling I don't know anything about how it sounds, save that it's very neutral.
    PinkyPowers, Nov 14, 2015
  11. Hisoundfi
    I don't want to say anymore than what I posted because its a 15 day tour, and a lot of stuff to cover in that short amount of time. Also, I don't have all the amp mudules, and didn't have much time to compare it to other sources. I understand your concern bud, but I honestly didn't want to be misleading in any way.
  12. Hawaiibadboy
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    [user=419286]@PinkyPowers[/user] I enjoyed this review more than the one about the Cayin with the about Cancer :(   You maybe should edit that for many folks like me who lost family to that (Mom aged 50).  I thought this was fine. No bad jokes. Just info. I'll fill in the subjective stuff with my own mind. i kinda prefer that
  13. Hawaiibadboy
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    [user=419286]@PinkyPowers[/user] I enjoyed this review more than the one about the Cayin with the joke using Cancer :(   You maybe should edit that for many folks like me who lost family to that (Mom aged 50).  I thought this was fine. No bad jokes. Just info. I'll fill in the subjective stuff with my own mind. i kinda prefer that
  14. Hawaiibadboy
    [user=419286]@PinkyPowers[/user] I enjoyed this review more than the one about the Cayin with the joke using Cancer :(   You maybe should edit that for many folks like me who lost family to that (Mom aged 50). I immediately clicked out of that review.  I thought this was fine. No bad jokes. Just info. I'll fill in the subjective stuff with my own mind. i kinda prefer that
  15. PinkyPowers
    [b]Hisoundfi[/b], I figured that was your reason, and I understand. Still want more. :P [b]Hawaiibadboy[/b], Cancer is a real thing, kid. Everyone has lost somebody to it, or knows someone who has. Belittle it every chance you get, or it's already defeated you.
    PinkyPowers, Nov 14, 2015
  16. twister6
    [user=391779]@Hisoundfi[/user] : good honest impression/review Vince!  And I completely understand where you are coming from, bud, by focusing more on the functionality rather than sound quality.  With more upcoming FW updates and new Amp modules - it's to early to label its sound sig now.  I heard sound change between the last 3 fw updates, so the jury is still out about the final sound.  For sure, as you pointed out correctly - DAC is top notch so LO output will be excellent!   One thing to add to your review, EQ has multiple presets, not just 2.  Pull up the screen and you will find more presets.  One thing I'm surprised with Eq is no frequency label under the slider, considering you have to more between slider screens - it's hard to keep a track which band you are adjusting.  Another comment to add, you are not actually changing between the Android and Music mode by taping that upper left box in the pull down menu.  You switch and then have to reboot it.  That box selection only switches the Launcher type, and when you reboot X7 - it either loads the full Android OS with a home screen and other apps, or loads just FiiO music app where you can't access any apps or get to the home screen (optimized to a full potential).  So, the mode selection shouldn't change anything on the fly, but only after the reboot.   Again, a really good and honest review.  I enjoyed the read!
    twister6, Nov 14, 2015
  17. Hisoundfi
    Thanks Alex. I just edited the EQ thing. Thanks for the heads up.
  18. Brooko
    Nice review Vince.  Re the volume control - personally I'm kind of glad there is no analogue pot.  The review L5 Pro I was sent has a broken pot, no on-screen touch controls for volume, and is pretty hard to use at the moment.  The X7 is much better - more precise too. BTW - on the now playing screen, if you touch, hold, and drag up or down (on the extreme right of the screen) it activates volume control and you can adjust by sliding rather than tapping.  It's pretty neat. I wish I'd had more time like you guys - but hopefully at the end of the tour I'll get another chance for an extended play.  I'm pretty sure I'll be buying one anyway.
    Brooko, Nov 14, 2015
  19. hakushondaimao
    Great review on usability Vince. Just received the review unit and am unfamiliar with Android, so some of your tips and pointers helped save me some frustration. Am using it in Music Mode, and very impressed with the clean, neutral sound. Like you say, the X7 really does highlight the signature of the phones you use with it.
    hakushondaimao, Nov 14, 2015
  20. twister6
    [user=170914]@Brooko[/user] : OMG, this has been driving me nuts, trying to figure out how to change volume by dragging it up/down (like in A&K DAPs).  I see on-screen slider when adjusting the volume with hardware buttons, but can't slide it up/down.  I guess there was "secret" area you discovered at the extreme right to do that with a touch screen.  Almost like you have to slide your finger up/down the right bezel where your finger touches the edge of the screen ;)  Thanks Paul!!!!
    twister6, Nov 14, 2015
  21. Hisoundfi
    [user=411422]@hakushondaimao[/user] thanks for the compliment buddy. Make sure to use the likes of the KC06, Havi B3, Carbo Tenore, and any other in ears you consider neutral. The X7 puts on a clinic with them.   [user=170914]@Brooko[/user] I can't believe I had this thing for 15 days and didn't find that feature LOL. Thanks for the heads up. This is exactly why I don't like having time constraints on DAPs.
    Hisoundfi, Nov 15, 2015
  22. 808Bass
    What a joke!: A new Fiio X7 with:   1. LESS storage by sd-card and 2. NOT using the main possible advantage of using Android and Bluetooth: pairing with an smartphone to be accoustically informed about incoming calls and messages (or maybe even making phone calls via an headset, plugged into the Fiio X7) (even if some will think it's a crime to bed additional sounds into the "pure" sound technology, but hey, to do that well is Fiios job ;-) )   For these reasons i have to wait for the "Fiio X9" until even seriosly thinking about buying an DAP.
    808Bass, Nov 15, 2015
  23. Brooko
    [user=421878]@808Bass[/user] - welcome to the forum.  One post pity you had to waste it with such an inane and silly comment.  You just basically said that the X7 isn't a smart phone.  Well done :)  It's not supposed to be.  Suggest you try Samsung.
    Brooko, Nov 15, 2015
  24. Hisoundfi
    As noted in my review, I think there is going to be many people who like the X7 even more because FiiO has stripped the phone functions from it. The main objectives of DAPs now days is to enjoy music and make it sound as good as possible, and without draining the phone battery or having outside distractions (notifications and calls). FiiO has accomplished this with the X7.
    Hisoundfi, Nov 16, 2015
  25. RavelX3FIIO
    Hello, I've been waiting for X7 for a long time and now the new Fiio is available! I own the X3 1st generation. One nice point for me was that x3 has a nice output stage:AMP chip: AD8397 Output Power:  > 540 mW@16Ω; > 270 mW@32Ω; > 30 mW@300Ω   for X7 it is stated that IEM Amp module-->has also the same AMP chip (AD8397):concrete: AM1 module with OPA1612 + AD8397   but X7 output power is "only" : Output Power:  >200 mW(16Ω/1 kHz), >100 mW(32Ω/1 kHz), >10 mW(300Ω/1 kHz)   My question is : why do we see such a big difference between x3 and x7 although the same output amp from AD is being used ? Could someone help me to clarify this?
    RavelX3FIIO, Nov 16, 2015
  26. Hawaiibadboy
    [user=438894]@RavelX3FIIO[/user], its an IEM module. That's pretty much it. It's for IEM and can be switched later
    Hawaiibadboy, Nov 16, 2015
  27. Pewterlocks
    For all of you talking about the " playstore app" not able to be used. Try downloading the aptoide app,it is a stand alone app store like the play store. All the apps are free, as it is run like a file sharing site,but Aptoide has their own security which moniters,imho quite well,as i have never had an issue with apps from the Aptoide store. Where you may run into problems is when you start adding more store into the Aptoide collective,but the Aptoide security clearly marks every app\ store with the applicable warning. This is a quick write up regarding Aptoide,feel free to contact me for more info.
    Pewterlocks, Nov 18, 2015
  28. Hisoundfi
    Greetings all who read this review. An edit has been made to note the improvements Fiio has made to this device. Please read the top portion of this review to note the changes made.
    Hisoundfi, Oct 23, 2016
  29. Brooko
    Vince - the AM5 has no issues driving sensitive earphones either. The volume control has enough play, and the amp is sufficiently low noise that it can be a jack of all trades. You do trade off some battery life - and the amp is a little warmer than the AM1/AM3
    Brooko, Oct 28, 2016