nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Valens7
    Just thought that I'd chime in here. It's true, like many other small business owners in this hobby, Trevor doesn't always reply to emails promptly/effectively. And you're not wrong to complain about it. But I've never had any problem with Trevor or his service! I've found him to be quite generous and diligent, in fact. My two cents, take it for what it's worth.
    Valens7, Nov 11, 2015
  2. TigzStudio
    Valens7 I appreciate your comment.    Every once in a while, as a smaller business, certainly due to hectic pace / high demand something can fall through the cracks, but it is quite rare. However in this case we actually never received payment for part of the retermination which facilitated it taking longer the first time around.  But this retermination definitely did fall through the cracks because of not receiving the full payment for the full work originally.    This was a retermination order that did get lost in the fray because of this.  The original order (to the person that purchased it as a gift brand new) actually shipped in normal time frame.    Just because of getting lost in the fray this customer did actually receive completely free work for his cable in the end.  So new connectors, retermination of both ends and also adding a hand made splitter.   No matter what we will always compensate for any delays, and always do our best to make it up to any customer.    One thing in business is you cannot always please everyone, but we will always try.
    TigzStudio, Nov 11, 2015
  3. Wildcatsare1
    [user=412702]@QwertyQmin[/user] your experience is diametrically opposite of mine with Norne and Trevor. He has always been responsive, a source of great audio advice and makes exceptionally great cable.   To be honest, not sure how you can post a product review, not discuss the sonic merits of the product, not sure if this is the appropriate forum. My guess is you don't have a lot of experience dealing with the "Boutique" Manufacturers of hi end audio. Trevor may be buried, but he makes an exceptional product and does his best to take care of his customers. He really is one of audio's "Nice Guys" and I hate to see an attack on his character.
    Wildcatsare1, Nov 11, 2015
  4. MattTCG
    I just wanted to make a few comments with regard to the customer service from Trevor at Norne. I buy a lot of gear. Headphones, amps, dac and cables. Take a look at my profile and you'll notice that I may very well be the most active seller/buyer on Headfi...a true audio addict among addicts. I have used Trevor for the past three maybe even four years now for cables (headphone and IC). For me personally, Trevor has been nothing short of gracious and accommodating with regard to my purchases.   Case in point, I ordered a headphone cable and a very nice set of IC cables a few months ago. Shortly after, the transmission went out on my car. Reluctantly and somewhat shamefully I sent Trevor an email asking if I could cancel my order.   He courteously refunded my order with an hour. And not only that, he seemed genuinely concerned about me getting my car fixed. For those of you who haven't had to replace an tranny lately they go for about $2500 installed. This is just one of many examples I could offer about my experience with Trevor and Norne over the past few years.      I don't mean to crap on your thread or refute any problems you've had for certain. I just wanted to say that out of the dozens of vendors that I deal with regularly, Trevor has been consistently helpful to me with every purchase.
    MattTCG, Nov 11, 2015
  5. Sonic Defender
    I have to concur, Trevor made me an extremely nice speaker tap cable. He was indeed buried in work and it did take longer than he felt fair, and I was a little put off by how long it could go between hearing from him. The important thing was when he made it right he really did. The work was outstanding, love my Solv X, he was extremely professional and he offered an upgraded cable from my previous selection at the same price for my troubles.   I can't say that your experiences aren't valid, but I will offer my perspective as well. Norne Audio has earned the respect of the community and hopefully things will be rectified with you in some manner.
    Sonic Defender, Nov 11, 2015
  6. TigzStudio
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    First of all I want to say I appreciate everyone's comments sharing your experience.  It is always my goal to have the best possible customer support I can.  This is a passion of mine and also livelihood, with employees and family that depend on me.  So the last I would ever do is let a customer down if I could avoid it.  I absolutely always will try to help anyone out, and have certainly done it countless times through my many years in business and part of the community.  So things like Free shipping, upgraded series for free, coupon codes, partial refunds, discounts, and others as compensation for anyone that feels wronged for whatever reason it may be.  I am also quite active on teh forums and will always be on the lookout in the feedback threads for anyone that has questions, and I will check my PMS as well.  So if there is ever a time when an email is not replied to, feel free to shoot me a PM, or send the email repeatedly to bump in the inbox.    I of course fully admit that demand can truly get very very high for the amount of labor available, and sometimes an email can get lost in the fray, etc.  This ultimately goes for any of the small boutique cable businesses with very high demand to labor ratio.      Sonic,   in regards to compensation for him.  Customer paid a grand total of $15.00 for a retermination (which included shipping), was not original purchaser of said Draug 2 (he received it as a gift).  This was the only payment that was ever sent our way from him.  I have no record of any other purchases from us in the past from him apart from this $15.00 retermination.   He did decide later on the same service job he wanted to also get the headphone end re-terminated which would carry a higher price.  We never received payment for the remainder of the termination work, so there was some communication issues here definitely, and it fell by the wayside.  However in the conclusion of this we did end up giving the customer $65.00 worth of free labor and parts as well as Express 1-2 day ($20.00) shipping.  So $85.00 out of our pocket free for him (his original 15 was refunded a long time ago).  I will always help any customer out no matter what the situation, most people that have done business with me repeatedly know that I am not the type to want to let any customers down, no matter what is purchased through us.   Also I just wanted to add, that this section is really for "product review"  there is no review of the cable in the above.  So if anything this should actually be moved to a feedback thread.  Just my 2 cents here.  I am all for free speech, but doing it in the right places would be best and keeping with the way the forum is setup for "gear review".  Or at least have some review of the actual product in here to go with the bashing of service.  It was my understanding that the customer enjoyed the cable he got as a gift, but this reads like a complete name bashing with no mention of the product, however the full...
    TigzStudio, Nov 12, 2015
  7. TigzStudio
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    seems like I hit the character limit... continued here:    ....the full price was actually never received for the work desired.    Again I freely admit I am human and mistakes will happen, communications issues will happen from time to time.  I am certainly not perfect by any stretch.    Regardless I will always do my best to make any customer happy no matter what or why they may feel wronged.  Most that have ordered from me, or repeatedly ordered through me know this is my mentality.  Customer service is quite important to me, and I would never want a customer to leave unsatisfied.    Thank you again everyone for posting your own experiences and thoughts in the comments, it does mean a lot to me to see the nice support.
    TigzStudio, Nov 13, 2015