nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. grizzlybeast
    Nice review
    grizzlybeast, Nov 9, 2015
  2. Sonic Defender
    Yes, nice review. I'm going to have to read more about these. The one saving grace for bass heavy headphones is that you can cut bass out easily if you feel the need to clean it up. Much harder to add bass without it making the balance wonky sounding. I take it these are not cheap? $400 - $500ish?
    Sonic Defender, Nov 9, 2015
  3. BloodyPenguin
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    @Sonic Defender, You can preorder the Meze 99 Classics for $309 from the link I provided at the top of the review. I believe adding velour pads would help the tune them to an almost perfect tonal balance.
    BloodyPenguin, Nov 9, 2015
  4. BloodyPenguin
    [user=180560]@Sonic Defender[/user], You can pre-order the Meze 99 Classics for $309 from the link I provided at the top of the review. I believe adding velour pads would help the tune them to an almost perfect tonal balance.
    BloodyPenguin, Nov 9, 2015
  5. moedawg140
    Nice review, and absolutely lovely pictures!
    moedawg140, Nov 9, 2015
  6. b14cx0ut
    Oh, come on...! Why so pretty and shiny?!?!? I gotsta have 'em!
    b14cx0ut, Nov 10, 2015
  7. aaDee
    Nice pictures buddy. Good to know that there are people who really care for the good looking pictures. Was tired to see bad and some really bad pictures (including some of the top reviewers)
    aaDee, Nov 10, 2015
  8. BloodyPenguin
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    [user=399714]@moedawg140[/user] / @aaDee, thank you both for the kind words regarding my photography.  I worked very hard with the lighting on this photo-shoot so I could properly show off the beautiful Meze 99 Classics.
    BloodyPenguin, Nov 10, 2015
  9. BloodyPenguin
    [user=154954]@aaDee[/user] [user=399714]@moedawg140[/user] - Thank you both for the kind words regarding my photography. I worked very hard with the lighting on this photo-shoot so I could properly show off the beautiful Meze 99 Classics.
    BloodyPenguin, Nov 10, 2015
  10. shigzeo
    Damn fine photos.
    shigzeo, Dec 2, 2015
  11. BloodyPenguin
    [user=41964]@shigzeo[/user] Thank you for the kind words!,  The Meze 99 Classics is a damn fine headphone and they are so easy to take nice pictures of because they are so freaking good looking.
    BloodyPenguin, Dec 4, 2015
  12. Lorspeaker
    what an eye for fotography.... !!
    Lorspeaker, Dec 8, 2015
  13. vcoheda
    for the price, seems like a good deal. great photos!
    vcoheda, Dec 9, 2015
  14. FortisFlyer75
    Nice photography to back up an interesting and balanced review ; ) (Canon? Or possibly Alpha SLR?)
    FortisFlyer75, Dec 12, 2015
  15. BloodyPenguin
    [user=165423]@Lorspeaker[/user], [user=17805]@vcoheda[/user] & [user=119354]@FortisFlyer75[/user] Thank you for all props on my photography.  I actually just use an old Panasonic GH1 from 2009:  [url=http://shop.panasonic.com/support-only/DMC-GH1K.html]http://shop.panasonic.com/support-only/DMC-GH1K.html[/url] I just spend a lot of time trying to get the lighting just right, that is the hardest part.
    BloodyPenguin, Dec 12, 2015
  16. shigzeo
    @BloodyPenguin: photography is ALL about light, so you're doing everything right.
    shigzeo, Jan 9, 2016
  17. NuBreed
    nice one
    NuBreed, Jan 10, 2016
  18. Joeybgood
    Can anyone recommend a replacement pad ? Despite being quite a lightweight headphone , the pads cause soreness to my ears fairly quickly. The stock pads are a bit stiff. anyone? tks
    Joeybgood, Jan 10, 2016
  19. jinxy245
    Given that this is an audio based website, I think you can rest assured that we're not blowing smoke up yer bum when we say "great photos". A great review, too... I cant wait for my turn. I feel, much as you do that it doesn't matter how they look if they sound good, but I'll be darned if these don't look great (to me).   Thanks again!
    jinxy245, Jan 17, 2016
  20. cprime
    Well done. And excellent photos that could definitely pass for stock.
    cprime, Jan 24, 2016
  21. Pahani
    These headphones look amazing! And your description of the sound signature suggests they would be immensely pleasing to me :)   My big concern is the 50mW power rating......so these will accept like, NO amplification at all? That's the only thing keeping me from throwing money at my computer monitor :p   And I would like to echo the rest of the comments, your review photos are outstanding!
    Pahani, Feb 13, 2016
  22. ameze
    [user=445848]@Pahani[/user] we will just say that the 50mW is the maximum rated power. But the normal input power is 30mW.  I will leave the public to reply you about the efficiency of the headphones and their low impedance.
    ameze, Feb 13, 2016
  23. jim723
    Very nice review. I have one question regarding the fit. Are these going to be comfortable for people with larger hat size? If the fit is similar to AKG K712 Pro then it would be perfect.
    jim723, Feb 21, 2016
  24. alokjuyal
    Good review and great pictures! I auditioned them recently and they sound exactly as you have described - warm, detailed and entertaining. My pair is now on its way :-) Its funny that I was trying to pick between open back LCD3, HD800s and got the closed 99s but oh well
    alokjuyal, Feb 25, 2016
  25. Jodet
    Why do people write these incredibly detailed reviews AND NEVER SAY THE PRICE?
    Jodet, Feb 28, 2016
  26. Melrose
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    I'd also love to hear of what you find for the velour pads. :)
    Melrose, Apr 15, 2016
  27. pinoyman
    which do you think sounds better?  this can or the fostex thx00? im planing to get one.
    pinoyman, Apr 30, 2016
  28. Metabollic
    do these really have a 45 day waiting time for shipment?
    Metabollic, May 4, 2016
  29. Identikit
    Great review! Do you know how these compare to Denon AH-MM400?
    Identikit, Jun 27, 2016
  30. wow4tr5
    last week i try this headphone on my local audio shop and it's exactly like ur review.
    wow4tr5, Aug 1, 2016
  31. Antyha
    "Спасибо [i]большое![/i]
    Antyha, Sep 23, 2016
  32. LivingInHiFi
    Wow, you certainly have a talent for photography! I just picked me up a pair of the 99 classics myself, so far I love them, I'm wondering if you found a set of velour pads that is compatible?
    LivingInHiFi, Oct 6, 2016
  33. apaar123
    is the soundstage good enough for gaming?
    apaar123, Oct 17, 2016
  34. MrOTL
    Nice pics!!! Gorgeous!
    MrOTL, Nov 1, 2016
  35. superuser1
    Great review.. so much so that im going to pick one up myself very soon. thank you
    superuser1, Jan 3, 2017