nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Me x3
    Nice job! = D
    Me x3, Nov 7, 2015
  2. voxie
    Great review, thanks for sharing.
    voxie, Nov 8, 2015
  3. NA Blur
    Nice comparison. Thanks!
    NA Blur, Nov 10, 2015
  4. Tiddlesworth
    Yeah, the genre that AKG consistently does well IMO is the Classical/Orchestral
    Tiddlesworth, Nov 10, 2015
  5. Tiddlesworth
    Yeah I agree, the genre that AKG consistently does well IMO is Classical/Orchestral. Very thorough, great read.
    Tiddlesworth, Nov 10, 2015
  6. m1ku
    amazing review! now I loving my K7xx even more XD
    m1ku, Nov 10, 2015
  7. TiborM
    Hey, nice. But try to upgrade your setup with a usb transport (like M2tech HiFace Evo 2 or Casea Aquila) and you will get a better treble :)
    TiborM, Nov 11, 2015
  8. Rhamnetin
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    [user=407636]@TiborM[/user] I don't use USB I do indeed plan to get one, along with a Parasound ZDac v.2 (so I'd convert USB to Coaxial).  In addition I'll be getting an Audioquest Forest USB cable and an Audioquest Cinnamon Digital Coaxial cable.  Then there's the fact that the Parasound ZDac v.2 itself is a much better DAC and amp than mine, and I'll be using Kimber Kable Hero interconnects most likely.  I'll re-evaluate the K7xx with all this, and the DT 880 also if I haven't sold it by then (since I'll be replacing both with a Stax SR-L700 for music, I may keep the K7xx for gaming depending on how the sound stage compares).
    Rhamnetin, Nov 11, 2015
  9. MarcoGV
    Thank you for sharing your very good review!  One small correction (or maybe just clarification). You write that the "every K7xx is serialized, unlike the DT880."  The DT880 has a serial number number on one of the top flaps of the box, right below the barcode. I entered that number when I successfully registered mine on the beyerdynamic website.  Of course, it would be better if the number were on the headphones (as it is for the DT250-250, to use another beyerdynamics as an example).
    MarcoGV, Nov 11, 2015
  10. Rhamnetin
    [user=96079]@MarcoGV[/user] I meant to say the headphone is not serialized.  I will clarify, thanks for pointing that out.
    Rhamnetin, Nov 11, 2015
  11. Vapin Wabbit
    [user=399683]@Rhamnetin[/user] How similar are the k712's to the k7xx? Thanks for the review! Very helpful
    Vapin Wabbit, Nov 12, 2015
  12. Rhamnetin
    [user=417496]@Vapin Wabbit[/user] I've never heard the K712, but they are known to be very similar.  See this thread:   [url=http://www.head-fi.org/t/752994/my-akg-comparison-k7xx-k712-65th-annies-and-the-rest-to-stop-this-confusion]http://www.head-fi.org/t/752994/my-akg-comparison-k7xx-k712-65th-annies-and-the-rest-to-stop-this-confusion[/url]
    Rhamnetin, Nov 12, 2015
  13. davidmthekidd
    Love the aesthetics of the AKG 7xx.
    davidmthekidd, Nov 16, 2015
  14. Rhamnetin
    So in about a week I'll be putting [user=407636]@TiborM[/user]'s theory to the test, using a Gustard U12 and Audioquest Cinnamon Coax cable.  Will be interesting to see if it evens out the treble.
    Rhamnetin, Dec 17, 2015
  15. TiborM
    Hopefuly it will help. Also I find my K7XX quite dry sounding, but I have ordered new cable for them from Forza Audioworks, I will see if that will help. It has helped my Aedle VK-1 with it´s dry sound, so I am hoping. And I have added some bass to the AKG´s +2db from 55hz to 300hz. VERY NICE! Mid range and trebble remain unaffected and the bass is there now :
    TiborM, Dec 18, 2015
  16. TiborM
    Hello. So for all the lovers of K7XX headphones, upgrading the stock cable is a must! I just got mine from Forza Audioworks (copper series) couple of days ago. Differences are immediately noticable. First and most important is that some kind of noise is gone, everything is more clear, better pronounced. Sounstage is bigger too, instruments have more space for them. Bass is stronger and more colorful, voices are clearer and highs are shinier. It has added a bit more warmth overall, so it´s not so dry sounding anymore. I am talking about small things here, but important. Maybe or probably an even more costly cable will bring more to the table. I am still using EQ but only +1db for bass now.   I´m loving these headphones more and more.   Happy Holiday.
    TiborM, Dec 25, 2015
  17. Rhamnetin
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Thank you [user=407636]@TiborM[/user]    If I were keeping the K7xx as my primary headphone I'd definitely swap the cable.  After playing around with the Gustard U12 with the Audioquest Cinnamon Coaxial cable, I see the truth in your earlier suggestion.  Treble response is cleaner, slightly airer, and a little bit sweeter.  I got a hint of the sweetness before, but distortion made that sweetness not so sweet.  Now most of that audible distortion seems to be gone and the sweetness surfaces more.  Imaging may be a tiny bit better, this could be placebo but I doubt it.  The rest isn't placebo though!   A good digital interface like the U12 is definitely necessary for anyone who uses digital audio.
    Rhamnetin, Dec 25, 2015
  18. Rhamnetin
    Thank you [user=407636]@TiborM[/user]    If I were keeping the K7xx as my primary headphone I'd definitely swap the cable.  After playing around with the Gustard U12 with the Audioquest Cinnamon Coaxial cable, I see the truth in your earlier suggestion.  Treble response is cleaner, slightly airer, and a little bit sweeter.  I got a hint of the sweetness before, but distortion made that sweetness not so sweet.  Now most of that audible distortion seems to be gone and the sweetness surfaces more.  The biggest difference is noise floor though, it lowered it SO much. Imaging may be a tiny bit better, this could be placebo but I doubt it.  The rest isn't placebo though!   A good digital interface like the U12 is definitely necessary for anyone who uses digital audio.
    Rhamnetin, Dec 25, 2015
  19. watchnerd
    Very thorough and comprehensive review. Nice that it didn't devolve into a morass of superlatives.
    watchnerd, Jan 15, 2016